Nurburgring

D

discobarr

has anyone here done the Nurburgring? i'm very interested in going over for a weekend and i'm wondering if it's worth doing? best way to get there? am i insured on the track? will i die??? (very important to know) i'll be taking my own car ( not the impreza) so i'll probably take the ferry to wales and then the channel tunnel. still in the early stages of planning it so i'd appreciate any advice. also i've never driven on a track before so would ye suggest i do a day in mondello or something first to get used to it. any advice would be great. :cheers:

i went for the first time last year

quick gist for you;

stena landbridge service is pretty good - €280 rtn which includes either ferry or channel tunnel from uk to france

about a 3 1/2 to 4 hr drive the other side.

we stayed at the ardneau hotel last yr, €75 per room per night

don't worry about mondello firstly, first trackday and the ring is a buzz!!!

@ wasps - how much in total did it cost ya? roughly like, its somethin ive always wanted to do!

:wazzup: :wazzup: :wazzup:
maybe the club cud sort summit out for next year :drunk: :drunk:
now that wud be a cruise or wot........... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :shock:

oooohhooohohohohooooo hell yeah :guinness: :cheers: :wall: (wheres the icon for ambulance lol)

[quote author=Scoobydiver link=topic=641.msg4882#msg4882 date=1161717936]
@ wasps - how much in total did it cost ya? roughly like, its somethin ive always wanted to do!
[/quote]

ferry to uk then france - €280
petrol - €150 inc. 12 laps over two days (expect more as out 2nd day it was snowing)
hotel - €100ish
all important entertainment expenses - €100
the ring laps are €14 each but discounted if you buy blocks

would be a hell of a cruise alright.
how long did it take to get over there. like if i left ireland on a friday morning would i get there that evening.

" WASPS RFC
ferry to uk then france - €280
petrol - €150 inc. 12 laps over two days (expect more as out 2nd day it was snowing)
hotel - €100ish
all important entertainment expenses - €100
the ring laps are €14 each but discounted if you buy blocks" (sorry don't know how to quote)

the look on your face doin 150mph down the back straight " PRICELESS"

@discobarr :thumbsup:

i left on the 9.15pm from rosslare and got the 7am ferry from dover to dunkirk, drive through france and belgium - got lost and finally arrived at the track for a few laps around 3pm.......

did you drive through the night?? jesus dude thats commitment. i like it. cheers for the help. hoping to go at the end of november. gonna bring my skyline (R-33 GTS-T) over i think. hopefully it goes to plan and i don't come back in a month sayin it never happened. cheers again for the help.

[quote author=gojonnyjo link=topic=641.msg4883#msg4883 date=1161718057]
maybe the club cud sort summit out for next year    :drunk: :drunk:
now that wud be a cruise or wot........... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :shock:
[/quote]

You never know :thumbsup: ;)

Alan.

if you decide to go ahead and you waould like some assistance let me know, i have a contact who actually arranges trackdays at the ring - group events and the like, will sort accommodation etc.....

excellent i'll PM you if it does go ahead i'm waiting on a friend to confirm that he's commin. cheers again for all the advice.
just researching it there and it is prity cheap. you'd pay the same to go away for a weekend here in Ireland and you wouldn't get to fly around a track here. all in i'd say €500 or there abouts.
worth thinking about if there were people interested in the future.

I was there also last year, stayed in hotel de Nordschlef €30 per night.
Gonna head over to the 24hr race weekend next year and head out when the track re opens on the tuesday.
Cheers
John

just imagine the sight    :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: :subaru: on convoy around the ring eh  :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: [move] scooby doooooooooooo[/move]

Back