Adjusting new type HKS SSQ???

eliroche

Alright lads,
Finally got a HKS SSQ in the post today, got it off Nengun.com. Came with fitting kit for the B4 Legacy so i had a go myself and on it went no bother,
Took the car up the road for a spin and the Dump valve is very very quite?? I had the older type HKS about 5 years ago on a Glanza and it was mad loud and easily adjustable with a screw in the back of it.
This one is making a little chirp at low RPM and at higher Revs it doesnt sound like its doing anything?
Does anyone know how to adjust this one? Doesnt seem to be as straight forward as the older type?
I tried the instructions that came with it but my Japanese is rubbish!!!!!!
Also it is fitted correctly :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Eli.

Sounds odd alright,threw mine straight on and its fairly loud :ponder: i can drop by and you can compare the two to see what the difference is??

That would be great mate, im off for a couple of weeks now so anyday that suits, pm me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

All hoses are grand, only brand new out of the box and all attached with cable ties or hoseclips :dunno:

Its the purple one mate, have heard this exact dump valve with this insert in nick-nacks legacy and mine sounds nothing remotely like it..

not being funny but is it def a genuine hks one? cause there are replicas out there that look near the same and dont react as good.

Or could be a faulty one, bring it back and get a new one maybe ? If you open it up or mess with it at all Id say you can forget about any warranty.

Damo

[quote author=scooby wrx link=topic=5624.msg63789#msg63789 date=1203508759]
not being funny but is it def a genuine hks one? cause there are replicas out there that look near the same and dont react as good.
[/quote]
Well i bought it off Nengun.com and other lads here have bought off them so its real alright, plus it has HKS stamped into it and most importantly it came in a HKS box!!!!!!!!

[quote author=Renno link=topic=5624.msg63793#msg63793 date=1203510412]
Or could be a faulty one, bring it back and get a new one maybe ? If you open it up or mess with it at all Id say you can forget about any warranty.

Damo
[/quote]
I wont be opening it up to mess around with the internals!!! The problem with bringing it back is they are in Japan!

Had to finish fitting it in the dark last night so gonna take it off again now and re-attach it checking all pipes etc,
Thanks for the help lads :thumbsup:

Ah feck that sure the cost to send it back and forth would be the price of a new one.

Luckily enough i sorted it!!
It was the small rubber vacuum hose that sits into the back of it!
Last night in the dark i put some tie-wraps around it to keep it in its place, tightened it too much and as a result it shut over!
Only spotted it today after i took it off again and re-fitted it for no reason!!! Ah well, its all good now!
Thanks for all the replys lads :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Eli.

Good stuff glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

hows it sound??? mine should be here in the next week or 2 :D

thanks to b4 RSK :thumbsup:

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=5624.msg63825#msg63825 date=1203525304]

[/quote]

so in a week paul i'll have to listen to your motor and a hks bov goin by my gaf. :p

cant wait :dance:

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=5624.msg63824#msg63824 date=1203524798]
Luckily enough i sorted it!!
It was the small rubber vacuum hose that sits into the back of it!
Last night in the dark i put some tie-wraps around it to keep it in its place, tightened it too much and as a result it shut over!
Only spotted it today after i took it off again and re-fitted it for no reason!!! Ah well, its all good now!
Thanks for all the replys lads :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Eli.
[/quote]

Happy Daze Eli, Enjoy it, cause its feckin class!!!!!

[quote author=Paul v4 link=topic=5624.msg63825#msg63825 date=1203525304]

[/quote]
Sounds good mate, its loud enough too!! At low revs its fairly loud and when your at the second turbo is sharper and shorter, depends on how you release the throttle aswell.

@nicknack, cheers mate, havin a look at yours fitted was a great help :thumbsup:

Back