Shaking

H

hiwd

Lads,

There is allot of shaking coming from the back of my car when I go past 60 - 70KPH. I've checked the wheels/tyres, all fine.

Would it be the tracking/balancing?

Can anyone recommend a good place to get it sorted in Dublin and do you know how much I can expect to pay to get it sorted?

Cheers

Regards,
Steve

Cheers lads.

Yeah hopefully its the balancing, pretty sure its not the brakes, they are working fine. Gonna give it a good clean today as I was on beach yesterday and there's allot of sand around the wheels... Wasn't driving it hard on the beach though as I know how bad the sand is for the diffs and what not....

it deffo the sand ..i had this before..even the slightest bit throws it out...just give a really good power hose

Cleaned all the sand today lads, no difference. Gonna give it another clean tomorrow.

Think its the balancing thats fecked though... Hit a big ole pot hole yesterday.....

Had the same prob with a honda after a run :p on the beach knocked it out doing handbreak turns. :angry:

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=5589.msg63428#msg63428 date=1203378091]
Cleaned all the sand today lads, no difference. Gonna give it another clean tomorrow.

Think its the balancing thats fecked though... Hit a big ole pot hole yesterday.....
[/quote]

take the wheels of and wash them..

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=5589.msg63431#msg63431 date=1203378305]
[quote author=hiwd link=topic=5589.msg63428#msg63428 date=1203378091]

[/quote]

take the wheels of and wash them..
[/quote]

Will do mate. Thanks.

Gonna get the tracking/balancing done anyway. Tracking was always a bit off... Only 30 quid then balancing only 7.50 a wheel... Hopefully thats all it is....

ya said ya hit a pot hole. did you check for a buckle or a tyre gone out of round

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=5589.msg63477#msg63477 date=1203408698]
ya said ya hit a pot hole. did you check for a buckle or a tyre gone out of round
[/quote]

Yeah mate, its all fine. Gonna get the balancing done over the weekend, pretty sure its that. Everything else looks fine.

It was the sand!!

Took the wheels off and there was loads of sand stuck around them, acting like little weights, its grand now. Glad I can now drive faster than 60KPH on the motor way :lol:

I know where I won't be driving the car again!!!!! :angry:

Thanks for the help lads!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back