B4 coilovers.

ZA_B4

Sunday Drivers
Evening's all,

I was hoping to pick the brains of some of you pro's out there in ISDC land and perhaps a bit of advice about putting coilies on the B4, so far the advice from the UK is IF I do put coilies on the best kit would be the MeisterR coilies as they will still allow me to keep much of the ride comfort, which is the most important for me. The reason I'm considering coilies is to lower the B4 a bit more to improve looks and handling, that being said I'm not looking to slam it to Terra firma just want to drop it a tad to improve the looks a bit more over the new rims when they come.

So for now I'm really asking, firstly should I even bother putting coilies on or would it be better to just go for springs to drop it a bit? Secondly whether it be springs or coilies what would be the best to go for, perhaps a few links?

Also as my colour combination is black and red I'd like to keep the kit red if possible but function is more important than colour so let's see what you guys have to say.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

To help a bit with your decision, I myself are buying a set of Meister R Crd+ coils tonight. There's a coupon code for 20% off going on Scoobynet and I can pm it to you if you want.

From my research online and user experiences with them, they do cater for comfort and can be firmed up with the twist of a dial. There's a fair few people with blobs who have themon Scoobynet and so far no major complaints. I chose them for the price and because they were tuned for UK roads. You could wait and see how they turn out on my car before buying. Think there's another member as well with a blob who had them recently installed too.

Yeah I must say my UK based club has them as traders as well and a lot of the club members are buying them too and have all said they're brilliant and may even do it my self I just wanted to hear what the general consensus was about coilling the B4 was and if it's worth it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

yeah i had coilovers on my B4, set of Tein and a set of Apexi, they were fine on Irish roads, though i will say my car never handled better than it did on OE billies and STi springs

if you go the coilover route just make sure you get an good alignment done, something I never, EVER, EEEEEEVER found while living in Ireland

depends what your goals are, I had my car SLAMMED on the Teins and it was a hazard, looks sick but it was a hapeashite to drive

OE billes, minor drop from the STi's that didn't affect camber/caster/toe and bump steer too much was a winner

basically unless you find somewhere that actually gives a rats clackers about alignment, your wasting your money on coilies unless you want to sit in the paddock at Mondello

Back