Recharging AC

Owain

Sunday Drivers
The wrx is blowing warm air through the AC when set to the coldest. Anyone every recharged their AC? Seems quite straight forward, but then apparently it should never need recharging in theory, so possibly I have a leak? No obviously dirt or oil around any of the AC lines....Could it leak out/go bad if left sitting for a while... or the fact that the car is 14 years old?

The wrx is blowing warm air through the AC when set to the coldest. Anyone every recharged their AC? Seems quite straight forward, but then apparently it should never need recharging in theory, so possibly I have a leak? No obviously dirt or oil around any of the AC lines....Could it leak out/go bad if left sitting for a while... or the fact that the car is 14 years old?
Probably a leak, my ac works only with warm air, cold doesnt work.

Gwt it to halfords and let them try refill, if there is a leak and they wont be able to refil it, they wont charge u a thing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stone hit the condenser most lightly. Any ac service guy can do a leak check to see what's going on.

Recharging from the bottle diy I found to be a waste of time and money. System needs to be completely evacuated of moisture, check for leaks then refilled.
Only use proper ac guy

As above. Ciaran Larkin sorted mine out properly and well worth it. I did it in the depth of winter, way before this heat mallarky hit us :p

They can need recharging every 4 to 5 years depending on the vehicle, it leaks out over time usually but the ac guy should do a leak test. As said those diy bottles are a waste of time

Run a flexy hose from the roof vent to your crotch Keith. Just mind not to be sending any bumble bee down the way :icon_lol:

Run a flexy hose from the roof vent to your crotch Keith. Just mind not to be sending any bumble bee down the way :icon_lol:

lmao, as had a similar comment (vent/ bee) off a trucker yesterday admiring the roof vent

A/c is a must in this weather , my daily is a black caddy van with no a/c , I've never wanted to sell a vehicle for this reason , the Impreza has me spoiled haha

There is an insert that you can fit that allows the air coming in the vent to be directed different ways I remember looking at them but they were mad money from Japan.
20150119_094730-Copy.jpg

Attachments

• 20150119_094730-Copy.jpg
    20150119_094730-Copy.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Two small pieces of wavin pipe out through the top of the vent Keith. Just saved millions of yen lol

Lol ....I just might have to lol
Was thinking about this but with the full suit
Top-selling-black-latex-font-b-hood-b-font-font-b-rubber-b-font-head-cover.jpg

Attachments

• Top-selling-black-latex-font-b-hood-b-font-font-b-rubber-b-font-head-cover.jpg
    Top-selling-black-latex-font-b-hood-b-font-font-b-rubber-b-font-head-cover.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back