b4 legacy head unit

northdublin

Petrolheads
in my b4 it came with a pioneer carozzeria double din head unit with a sat nav just over it. the head unit works very well but the sat nav is disconnected. i took out the centre console to investigate and there seems to be 1 lead missing and i cant find where the wires from the antennas on the rear window go to. they dissapear behind the back seats and are un traceable. im not interested in getting the sat nav working but would like to see if i could get the screen working.

car008.jpg

Hello NorthDublin,

I have a Carozzeria in my S204, I have since found out that the SAT NAV will never work in Europe as JDM head units do not have this facility :doh:

It should be able to play DVDs etc, but I have not tried it :doh:

I will give it a go this week & let you know :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

thanks for the reply. i cant get mine to switch on. there seems to be no power goin to it and had a search around the back of the dash for extra wires that might have been unpluged. the car has antenna on the rear window which i presume plug into the sat nav but no sign of them in the dash either. can you tell me if there is a control unit or an interface somewhere between the antennas and the head unit. cheers

i traced the cables from the antenna back to under the carpet in the passenger footwell. they were simply disconected and coiled there. removed all the antennas and the cabling and will remove the sat nav unit and replace it with a scanner if it fits. :whistle: thanks for the replies

need to get my hands on a facia or a cubby compartment for above my stereo. the little wa#kers that tried to rip out the redundant sat nav left a unsightly hole in the das where it used to be so im looking for something to cover it up. alternativly a facia to do away with the double din and replace it with a standard single din would be ok.
anyone got one lying around or know where ied get one. thanks

You'll pick one of those single din size pockets up from main stealer, think they're called forester pockets :thumbsup:

cheers brian, i got one of those pockets off b4 rsk, sound chap but cause ive taken out the double din stereo and fitted a single din i now have 2 free slots to fill. the frame that the stereo fits into has three single size din slots and usually the double din takes up 2 and the pocket takes up the other. i have 2 empty and was wonderin does a double size pocket exist or would i have to get two singles to fill the gap. was looking at a din sized gauge pod or does anyone have any sugestions.
002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

Here's an idea, something completely different for that gap.

Do you know any sheet-metal workers? Could they make you up a blanking piece for that gap? You could even have something enscribed on it like the "ISDC remembers Colin McRea"?

I have 2 single din pockets in mine, eventually wanna get a screen to put into it but they do for the time being!

im in the same boat as the original poster ,i have the OEM kenwood double din which only plays normal cd's , not mp3's , :angry1:
and above that i have the pioneer carrozzeria flip out tv screen, and the dvd/sat nav under the passo seat .

cant get radio channels on stereo and only being able to listen to one cd at a time is killing me ,
seeing as there is no way in hell that any of this equipment will work in europe , is there any chance we can sell it back to the japs , surely its gotta be worth something to em , better than have it rotting away in my cupboard with the other 5 headunits from the previous cars ....

it'd be nice to get a similar set up , but one that actually works over here of course

lads just a question :ponder2:

will those motorised 7" screens fit over the A/C controls in a B4

or will you have to close it everytime it gets to cold??

thanks

Back