site slow and pages not loading?

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
anybody else having trouble with connections timing out on the site? It happens to me every now and then for the past week. Pages wont load and I get a "connection to the server was lost" page.

Nothin wrong with mine.And its nearly as old as me.

Im sure Paolo will be along later and should be able to help out

:smokin:

It's more to do with your ISP (Internet Service Provider) rather than the site itself. If the site is struggling for any reason, it stops working and I get notified. I've had one such notification in the last month.

All ISPs suffer from peak time performance issues, I find it's usually between 5pm and 8pm during the week that gets heaviest use. Maybe that explains any problems you may be having.

Paulo, at the time it happened to me i had no issues with any other site. I just would not load up

I'll keep monitoring the situation and see what happens. Thanks Paulo.

Well, if it gets too bad, let me know and I'll look into it properly and ask our server people for a detailed investigation.

What I will say is that the forum's popularity has rocketed in the last 2 months. Check the forum stats to see for yourself, but if multiple members are posting at the same time and sometimes in the same thread it is inevitable that a couple of 'wobblers' will be thrown now and again.

Back