head unit

tommy 555

Member Number 935
my current pioneer double din head unit is on its way out ,
so I want to replace it with another double din unit with Bluetooth for playing Spotify play lists etc
but also would like to keep my old school cd player 2 .

Anyone got any recommendations in the €300-€400 price region, would go a bit more for really good unit

Nice unit but I can't see the advantages of android auto or iplay. both are standard features on the vrs and apart from the day we picked up the car they haven't been looked at , maybe I'm missing out on the usefulness of them as the salesman at skoda only quickly skimmed over it ,

nice looking unit though and has Bluetooth etc so ticks all the boxes but I'm I over doing it with android auto etc , maybe if your working in arklow again some evening I'll pop down and you could give a tutorial on it all .:thumbsup:

Nice unit but I can't see the advantages of android auto or iplay. both are standard features on the vrs and apart from the day we picked up the car they haven't been looked at , maybe I'm missing out on the usefulness of them as the salesman at skoda only quickly skimmed over it ,

nice looking unit though and has Bluetooth etc so ticks all the boxes but I'm I over doing it with android auto etc , maybe if your working in arklow again some evening I'll pop down and you could give a tutorial on it all .[emoji106]
I have been using android auto since it was in Beta testing on the phone. To see if it's something you'll use daily, you can download the standalone Android Auto App now on the store for either platform. I am using a lot of Google services, so it's a lot more convenient for me. I can show it to you in the car in Arklow one of the days I'm there. Lunchtime works best. Send me a pm with your number and we can sort it out. It's a fair bit of money and I think you should try it out and see it first. The other midrange Pioneer units are very good too. What speakers are you running in the car?

No not itself. You just connect using iPhone or Android to use music and apps. I could be wrong but I have the radio dialled in using my phones sat nav so never seen any built in sat nav.

Matty just posted gray widetrack for braking:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170521-221948.png
    Screenshot_20170521-221948.png
    839.7 KB · Views: 54
You know me 2 well Brian ...have to do some pints soon have you seen rob lately

Who? :roll:

Yeah actually was out golfing with him a little over a week ago, although hadn't seen him in ages before that.

Would definitely fancy a Friday or Saturday night on the tiles - Nicky is mad to get off the leash too so just name a time & place & we'll be there. Might even tempt Tommy up from the sticks for a night.

Back