hks manifold

wrx261

Middle Lane Hogs
hks manifold

thinking of getting an hks equal lenght manifold on my wrx would it give me much of a power gain..?? can anyone help? thanks. :ponder:

Re: hks manifold

I think an equal length manifold will loose you the sound that Subaru's are known for, making it sound more like any other car.

As above, no rumble so whats the point of ownin a subaru, buy an evo :doh: :D
No power gain either unless your goin for alot more extras.

As the lasd said Equall length headders = No rumble, but neither do
Spec C's and they sound mental :D

You normaly change headders when you need to
ie. when your going for big BHP the original Subaru headders can be restrictive
and need to be upgraded .

What other mods have you done ???

Niall.

have a full 3'' system with down pipe... and hks panel filter... currently at 262bhp flywheel, would have to hear a car with one on to make a decision but love the burble, but would make an interesting wrx if it sounded mentle along with a lilttle power gain...! thanks lads for advice.. :thumbsup:

Id stick with the current headers if i was you,your not running big power to justify equal length headers... :thumbsup:

yeah i know shes not huge but would like to squeeze 300 out with the right mods.... :ponder:

theres two 05 sti's down here and they pass the house everyday tuned to 350bp.
i dont no what headers they have.
but they dont really have the boxer sound.
but do sound great.
must ask next time im talking to them.
how much are you paying for the hks headers?

700 yos for manifold...?? used 9000kms on it.. just an idea.?? big money do. if you could find out wats on those sti's that wud be great.. :thumbsup:
ps cheers scoobyke. :thumbsup:

I've got heat wrapped equal length headers on my 97 type R .. sounds well, nice rasp from it but stil miss the burble.. toying with the idea of gettin GT spec unequal ones... (ITS ON MY LAZY LIST)

yeah cheers chris its a big call to loose the burble think i might spend the money on a blitz system instead... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back