Cheapest Track car?

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
So, for the moment, I am just reviewing my options really, and looking for some cheap, but good base for Track Car. What I am looking for really, is some 150+hp RWD car, that is currently really cheap to buy, of course some old beater, probably up to 2k euro.

One of the requirements are, that it should be from the modder's scene, so it should be easy to find set of coils or cheap performance suspension without the need of redrilling and welding the whole mount sections and availability of performance differentials/gearboxes etc.

Idea was old beaten ford Sierra, BMW of any kind or Lexus. Any other ideas?

I know you said rwd but I have a Celia t sport 190bhp with full trd kit for 800. Has advanced model 7 wheels and blitz induction kit.

Mx-5 ad duffman said or an e36 bmw 328 or 330 but they are heavy. If it's for track times you need a small light weight front wheel drive car. Rear drive unless very powerful are not that quick around mondello

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Car throttle are doing a series on YouTube with a Lexus is200, looks like a decent and fun track car

I know you said rwd but I have a Celia t sport 190bhp with full trd kit for 800. Has advanced model 7 wheels and blitz induction kit.
Hmmm... while I believe FWD is for grocery shopping, cant say I wouldnt be tempted by celica ;)

I am currently not looking to buy as of yet, have a wedding in august, so plan is to buy after the wedding, not before;)

Just checking whats on the menu atm, so if you are in hurry with sale, no need to wait for me.

As for MX5, completelly forgot about this option. That would be the absolute amazeballs best.

Gotta check the price on those

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

After the wedding you wont have money on your own for cars. Then you will be buying pink curtains lol

Last edited:
As Dec did be my choice
Mini Cooper s
earlier ones of them going for 1500-2000
fwd but best bang for buck out there with tons of mods and cheap bits everywhere + you cold use it as a road car if when desired
or 206 gti etc. track ready ones around from time to time
MX-5 bit under powered but great craic wack a turbo on and be sorted (1.8 if any with lsd)

Mx5 hands down! 1.8 is forged from factory and has a lsd standard but the 1.6 revs harder and is a better job if ye wanna do the odd drift day. Auto heros os full of 1.6's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to champion the 190bhp celica. Bullet proof car and a nice handler around Mondello. For me the mx5 is lovely but as said already a bit down on power. And turbo setups aint cheap! And yes, fwd is normally quicker around Mondello. But its totally personal choice.

I'd pick either an mx5 or a celica

Every track day I go to there is always a good few mx5's around the place. Owners always look like they are having a blast.

As for the celica all you have to do is look at Martin's one. Bit of a weapon around the track for the price

I'd pick either an mx5 or a celica

Every track day I go to there is always a good few mx5's around the place. Owners always look like they are having a blast.

As for the celica all you have to do is look at Martin's one. Bit of a weapon around the track for the price
Maybe I could get a Passo with Martin on next trackday? So to know what I am getting into?

Very hard to beat a Honda dc2 type r
Or a civic type r might cost a bit more but savage track cars out of the box..

I have to champion the 190bhp celica. Bullet proof car and a nice handler around Mondello. For me the mx5 is lovely but as said already a bit down on power. And turbo setups aint cheap! And yes, fwd is normally quicker around Mondello. But its totally personal choice.

I was shocked when I took the girlfriends car for a spin. I have driven dc2 and a good few rs mivecs. I thought it was one of the best handling cars I had ever driven. The steering is very direct and gives very good feedback. Lovely cross over too.

1.8 mx5 with a limited slip diff .
Great craic and bomb proof , a supercharger or turbo would make a nice addition to the car as well .
A fwd setup that is tail happy is also good fun

Maybe I could get a Passo with Martin on next trackday? So to know what I am getting into?

No problem lad. If you sign on as an extra driver you can even do a few laps yourself if you want....

Back