08+ WRX/STI Decat Downpipe on a 06 legacy-will it fit??

ben1973

Sunday Drivers
As above.
ive searched the site( and others) and there seems to be some conflicting opions on this.the options for decat downpipe for legacy are limited =expensive. Will a wrx/sti fit.? Is it that its too short to join with stock leggy midsection?
Is it the flange wont marry to the turbo?
I have no issues with moding pipe and/or flange.
The plan is to replace downpipe and madify a centre secion with a cat that can be changed back into car for NCT.So rather than changing downpipe every year,id be chageing out a section of the midpipe.(easier -less time-)
Primarly this depends on the wrx/sti downpipe fitting as these can be had relatively cheap.
any help and ideas welcome.
cheers.

Get a sports cat and weld it in. Saves any messing, modifying and swapping for NCT.

Get a sports cat and weld it in. Saves any messing, modifying and swapping for NCT.

Thats an option.
what -break out the cats in the down pipe and fit in a sports cat somewhere along the line? i.e keeping the original downpipe?

Thats an option.
what -break out the cats in the down pipe and fit in a sports cat somewhere along the line? i.e keeping the original downpipe?

More or less. Most of the decent sports cats are similar in length, so it's just a case of drop the exhaust, cut out cat, weld in sports cat and refit.

It won't be a bolt on fit since yours is twinscroll legacy setup

Hayward and Scott might do one now . Avo and HKS are the only two bolt on ones I know. Probably about 1k delivered.

Back