my type r dccd

S

swampdonkey

ok, im get absolutely no sign of life from my dccd, there are no lights on the dash , and nothing seems to happen if i push the dial either way, any suggestions?

is there some where it plugs into the loom that may be disconnected or something??

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=5537.msg62630#msg62630 date=1203083431]
Fuse??
[/quote]

im not sure ill have to look, ive only just bought the car from a dealer but im busy the next few days so i wont get a chance to go up to him, its never been on when ive had the car ( about 2 weeks)

suggest get back quick, just in case its something serious :dunno:

:thumbsup:

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=5537.msg62634#msg62634 date=1203084166]
+1

If you leave it too long, the garage will have nothing to do with it
[/quote]

yeah i will be going back just i wouldnt mind knowing whats wrong with it myself, just so he cant try fob me off .

ECU for the DCCD is behind the panel at the right of accelerator pedal.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=5537.msg62641#msg62641 date=1203085677]
ECU for the DCCD is behind the panel at the right of accelerator pedal.
[/quote]

actually i see in the new age imprezas that u press a button to put dccd in manual first then u turn the dial.

is there a button in the classic one like mine, ( please say there is and then its just a case of me not turning it on )

dam ill see is it unplugged from the ecu then :oops:

just been trying to do research, and i read somehwere a fella says he disconnected his controller, any idea how this is done ?

Hey Swampdonkey, You should drive with your diff set to the rear.

ie. the little wheeled button above handbrake; roll this all the way backwards .
This will split your diff with 2 thirds of the power to the rear & 1 third to the front.

Some lads will roll the wheel forward one or 2 notches if it's wet. which gives a more even
split of power and tightens up the diff.

Roll it fully forward and you have a full 50:50 split ideal for gravel or snow.

If you want to check if your diff is working, Roll the wheeled button fully forward and park on a hill
release handbrake ,take out of gear , your diff been in the 50:50 split postion will be very tight and will
NOT ALLOW your car to roll forward or if it's worn it might just slowly roll forward .

Niall.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=5537.msg62660#msg62660 date=1203091625]

Hey Swampdonkey, You should drive with your diff set to the rear.

ie. the little wheeled button above handbrake; roll this all the way backwards .
This will split your diff with 2 thirds of the power to the rear & 1 third to the front.

Some lads will roll the wheel forward one or 2 notches if it's wet. which gives a more even
split of power and tightens up the diff.

Roll it fully forward and you have a full 50:50 split ideal for gravel or snow.

If you want to check if your diff is working, Roll the wheeled button fully forward and park on a hill
release handbrake ,take out of gear , your diff been in the 50:50 split postion will be very tight and will
NOT ALLOW your car to roll forward or if it's worn it might just slowly roll forward .

Niall.
[/quote]

just got my bro to check, he says its definately able to roll,
is there a way it cud be unplugged? the dccd that is

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=5537.msg62665#msg62665 date=1203092815]
did you look where I told you?
[/quote]

not yet im still in work, ill wait till i get home and have a look then

good man. Im also having alook around scoobynet because i think there is another connection on the gearbox that could come loose too.

hey bro :)

you can check and see if the loom from the ecu is conected to the DCCD....if you "pop" out the controle wheel...you should see small block conectors that should be attached to the underside of the DCCD wheel??..... If there disconected" just reconect them!!... and you should have a fully workin DCCD??? try this and let us know.... the wheel is held down with two lugs so just "POP" it out :thumbsup:

Back