Remap

Mark Cahill

Full ISDC Members 2015Member Number 555
Is there anyway of knowing if a car has already been remapped??
The chap i got mine from didn't no if it was or not. Obviously he didn't ask the right questions buying her. i'm the 3rd owner in ireland and would like find out. The car has ISDC stickers on her so i'd say the first owner would have understood all this remap talk as the lad i bought it from didn't. Any help appreciated!!
Cheers,
Mark

If she's in the country 3 years you should hope she's mapped.
Post a few pics, someone may recognise it and know the previous owner

Thats the B4 you just bought right? I would say that if the guy you bought it from didn't know if it was mapped, then it probably wasn't. They lads here on the site have only started mapping B4's in the last few months so I doubt it would be mapped.

As Brian said, post some pics up and I'm sure someone will recognise it and be able to give you some history on it

Best of luck with it :thumbsup:

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=5524.msg62586#msg62586 date=1203073449]
Thats the B4 you just bought right? I would say that if the guy you bought it from didn't know if it was mapped, then it probably wasn't. They lads here on the site have only started mapping B4's in the last few months so I doubt it would be mapped.

As Brian said, post some pics up and I'm sure someone will recognise it and be able to give you some history on it

Best of luck with it :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Not neccessarily rob... TTM in galway mapped a few B4's

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=5524.msg62614#msg62614 date=1203079332]
Dave, do you know is there any way that you could check to know for sure?
[/quote]

no not if its been ecutek flashed you would have to plug into the dataport and then you could check if it was licenced....could ring ttm i suppose check if they have a record of it..doubt it would have been Street performance or Sti tunning

Well there are sopme Street Performance stickers on her aswell so might be lucky.
Should have some pics up tomorrow so hopefully somebody might recognise it.

[quote author=markcahill link=topic=5524.msg62658#msg62658 date=1203089588]
Well there are sopme Street Performance stickers on her aswell so might be lucky.
Should have some pics up tomorrow so hopefully somebody might recognise it.
[/quote]

If you want to send me a picture of the car I might remember if it was mapped.

Back