ABS Light 1995 Impreza

Hi lads, I've a 1995 Impreza with the abs light on, any way of getting it to give me flash codes to tell me what's up? I've looked for the black 6 slot connector under the steering column but there isn't one there. All I have is a brown plug, two single pin green ones and two single pin black ones. Have googled it but to no avail.

Thanks

Your car man doesn't have an obd 2 socket to plug into to read faults the only way you can read fault codes is by plugging the 2 green and 2 black plugs together

As Gordon said, the cel light wil flash either 1 long flash for the 1st digit and multiple flashes for 2nd digit

Count the long and short flashes to determine the code

The connector is quite small and could be wrapped in tape.
Once you ground the pin needed, the abs light (not the check engine light) will flash your codes

Your car man doesn't have an obd 2 socket to plug into to read faults the only way you can read fault codes is by plugging the 2 green and 2 black plugs together

Will connecting those ones not just enable the check engine light to give a flash code, and not the abs light?

The connector is quite small and could be wrapped in tape.
Once you ground the pin needed, the abs light (not the check engine light) will flash your codes

Yeah I'm looking for that connector but can't find it as of yet anyway. Pin 6 must be grounded to enable the abs light to give the flash code but finding the plug is proving to be a hoor, was wondering was there a few different types or anything other than this black plug that's escaping me so far

Will connecting those ones not just enable the check engine light to give a flash code, and not the abs light?

Yeah I'm looking for that connector but can't find it as of yet anyway. Pin 6 must be grounded to enable the abs light to give the flash code but finding the plug is proving to be a hoor, was wondering was there a few different types or anything other than this black plug that's escaping me so far
Yes you're right they're the ones to check fault codes as Baz said you need the other ones but they're the only ones under the dash for the engine fault codes and the other ones ????

tcu-diagnosis-connector-96-1.gif

tcu-diagnosis-connector-96-2.gif

abs.jpg

Connect the probes in to spaces 3 and 6. Turn ignition to on but don't start the car. ABS light will flash to indicate fault.

Switch ignition off. Diconnect probes. Done.

Back