Flocking trim pieces

Tommy

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys just inquiring if anyone has had this done and if they gave it ago themselves, as some of you know ive been spending all my free time which there is little off building my GC8 from scatch so far i can say i have done all of the work myself so i said id give this a try im expecting the kit to arrive Friday. If anyone has any tips or tricks or opinions all are greatly welcome thanks :)

Was thinking of doing a few bits myself.
Loads of videos on u tube.

Think practice makes perfect. Might be worth practicing on something first and leaving to fully dry

Make sure ya take loads of pics

Think of dusting the surfaces in future prior to doing it. Twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much maintance on them. Lint rollers in deals do the business.

Always seem to attract white fluff

Sellotape wrapped around fingers [Reversed ' sticky side out.] Necessity the mother of invention.

Hi guys just inquiring if anyone has had this done and if they gave it ago themselves, as some of you know ive been spending all my free time which there is little off building my GC8 from scatch so far i can say i have done all of the work myself so i said id give this a try im expecting the kit to arrive Friday. If anyone has any tips or tricks or opinions all are greatly welcome thanks :)
I know a lad who does this professionally. He says that it's a messy job. The fibres are negatively charged so they sit nice on the panel once they make contact . It's a nice job when done well.

thanks for all the info ill make sure to take plenty of pictures and post the results :)

My dash is flocked previous owner did it, I like it but not to everyone's taste, you can see some small wear marks already though, would I do it again, being honest probably not.

I've bit where handbrake/storage box done aswell and it's in bits from kids climinh over to get in front. Dash is holding up well.

Thinking of doing glove box and steering wheel vowel?? Aswell as gear stick surround.

The kit that i bought is enough to do 5 dashboards so id say most of the trim pieces and dash will be getting full treatment

Back