Ballbearing turbo?

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Hey guys,

so I have a quick question. I was wondering about small performance tweak if anything.

I love my small turbo, I love how quickly it gets on full boost and the amount of poke and punch it provides. For that reason I would love to stay with something this size.

I have read something about ball bearing turbos, as they are spooling a bit faster and also are capable of providing more boost, or longer peak if I wanted to keep the peak where it is at this moment?

What would be the size comparable Ballbearing turbo to TD04? Does it make sense to install it? I do not wanna run any more power than I am currently, as I am happy with what I have and I got to the stage, where I rarely put the loud pedal to the floor.

If the size will stay the same and the values I want(1.3 bar) as well, is remap required with that change?

Thanks

If you don't want to run any more power and you want to keep it the same as you have I'd just leave well enough alone
Is a quicker spool as in lower down the rev range you want the power ??

You like the fast responce fron the Tdo4 so id leave it as above

Does the car not need coil packs id be getting them instead?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Owen development do a refurb on standard turbos and can spec them to what you want
Great job and anything from 400/600 pounds
I got a quote to do mine with a billet wheel and a few other bits for 650 quid said it would be rubbing off 400 with supporting mods

So, just to explain, The turbo currently spools fast enough, but starts dropping the boost at like 4700rpm where I have already only 1bar, and 5200+ it starts dropping under.

Idea was, to stay in the same power range - now I am not really looking into big build, as that would need me to upgrade injectors and fuelpump as well. If I get lets say 20hp more out of ball bearing turbo, thats fine, but I am trying to just improve on what the car already is instead of pushing too much power out of it. Getting the boost a bit lower would deffo help as well:)

Dt04 will always run out of puff at about 5000rpm

You will need to upgrade to the td05 16g or swap it out for a vf34/vf35 for it to hold power to the redline.

Dt04 will always run out of puff at about 5000rpm

You will need to upgrade to the td05 16g or swap it out for a vf34/vf35 for it to hold power to the redline.

VF34 would mean injectors and fuelpump upgrade as well, I assume?

I remember looking into TD04 turbos when I had my starlet gt.

You can get hybrid TD04's which spool quicker and produce more power across more of a rev range.

I cant remember off the top of my head where I seen these. I will try and find out for you.

What are your stock injectors 440?
I think they are good to over 300.
Pink sti's not too expensive from the brakers.

VF34 would mean injectors and fuelpump upgrade as well, I assume?

Fuelpump should be changed if getting a map anyway,
Instead of changing injectors you could get a fuel pressure regulater or just change out for sti injectors.

Is your car mapped already?

Imo are absolutely overthinking this.

Yes any change will need a tweek map. Absolutely nothing wrong with journal bearing turbos.

Any classic ihi turbo will be nice level upgrade.

In ballbearing a vf28 be nicely suitable.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Back