Anyone have a Prodrive Sparco

Killiano92

Petrolheads
Anyone here ever fit a prodrive Sparco?

I know they need a new subframe and a side mount also. Much hassle?

And is using the OEM belt with this or a similar bucket a pain or is it ok?

I have a pair of sparco prodrive seats

There no hassel to fit but original standard belts wont work.

Also for the price you would be better off with a more modern seat as youll be paying for the prodrive name

I have a pair of sparco prodrive seats

There no hassel to fit but original standard belts wont work.

Also for the price you would be better off with a more modern seat as youll be paying for the prodrive name

That might take a dump on the idea then, I don't think I want to go down the harness route. I saw pics of them fitted to cars with no harness but I can't see how effective the oem belt would be in a crash situation then tbh

Yeah they can be saucy but i found one in need of a clean up for reasonable money.

Came across this yesterday:

"Rule is - harnesses and cage or seatbelts and no cage. Don’t mix and match the two.
Why?
(If you are strapped in with harnesses and the roof caves in, if you roll it, then you are knackered. If you have seat belts and bounce about a bit inside the car smacking your head into the roll cage as you roll it you again are knackered)"

Would look well with my steering wheel though :(

Attachments

• 004-2.jpg
    004-2.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 010-1.jpg
    010-1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 040420101106.jpg
    040420101106.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 81
Theres no issue with the belt going across your chest its the height of the seat at your waist is an issue and also were to bolt in your receiver as its part of the seat in the impreza, my car is a track car with cage an harness so it doesn't bother me

Theres no issue with the belt going across your chest its the height of the seat at your waist is an issue and also were to bolt in your receiver as its part of the seat in the impreza, my car is a track car with cage an harness so it doesn't bother me

Feck

Generally huge money :( can be bought new in japan still for big bucks i think, safe to say thats not where im looking at one.
Pop up on ebay the odd time at close to £1k a pair

there two different pairs

Fibre glass ones that are about 500-800 for a per depends on condition

Or the carbon fibre ones which are about 1500-2000 a per

Theres also the recaro prodrive seats but there very hard to find and very expensive but look very similar

Back