How much is a 2005 Blobeye woth today?

Smokybabs

Hi Guys,

I have noticed lately that the price of a Impreza STi has gone up in price since say 2014. I am confused as to how much i should spend on a 2005 DCCD Widetrack STi with full service history and only 68,000 miles. It has had the belt changed by a Pro and a new clutch fitted 1,000 miles ago. It has modifications and is tuned to 350 BHP

It seems like a great buy but they are asking 12,500 sterling for it. I wanted to buy a STi in 2014 and they were around 7,000 sterling back then.

Is the Blobeye STi becoming a future classic that is going up in price and do you think 12,500 sterling is a good price?

Thanks
Barry

There deffo rising but vrt is all over the place! I'd say €12500 euro would be a fair price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have thought 12.5 pounds was on the high side but it totally depends on the car
I have also been keeping an eye on them price wise it seems the sti ones are going up quite a bit.

11500 pounds and up is Spec C money over the water.
By the time you weed out the crap and vrt I'd say it would be close to 20euro.

Hi Guys,

I have noticed lately that the price of a Impreza STi has gone up in price since say 2014. I am confused as to how much i should spend on a 2005 DCCD Widetrack STi with full service history and only 68,000 miles. It has had the belt changed by a Pro and a new clutch fitted 1,000 miles ago. It has modifications and is tuned to 350 BHP

It seems like a great buy but they are asking 12,500 sterling for it. I wanted to buy a STi in 2014 and they were around 7,000 sterling back then.

Is the Blobeye STi becoming a future classic that is going up in price and do you think 12,500 sterling is a good price?

Thanks
Barry

Are you selling or buying???

From your posts you sound like you already have this car, no?

Thought you had a blob Sti did you sell it ?.

Regarding prices, it down to supply and demand Really. Good cars make good money but not all cars are good :thumbsup:

Are you selling or buying???

From your posts you sound like you already have this car, no?

You got me Duffman.

I have a 2005 STi Type UK
68,000 miles
Blue Gold 18" Alloys (bit of kerbing on wheels, 2 new Eagle F1's on front)

Full service History Receipts Last Major service done 62,000 miles all oil, spark plugs etc. cost over 400. (Due an oil service ATM)
Full Belt & Tensioners Done by Scotts Garage cost 750 around 60,000 miles
Clutch replaced 1,000 miles ago cost 450

Interior is in very clean condition, slight wear on the bottom of drivers seat but hardly noticeable. A small area of wear on steering wheel.

exterior, body and paint is in very good condition, i did however reverse into a gate post. Getting it fixed soon along with some other cosmetic touch ups and small dent removals, might get the front bumper done (Has stone chips as expected for the mileage) So paint work & Body will be in excellent condition.

Engine has never been abused and is in excellent condition. Never had any trouble with the car at all for 4 1/2 years I've owned it.

Remapped to 350 BHP by Jolly Green Monster with Anti-Lag. Very fast and very smooth through the gears. Gearbox excellent.
Coilovers
Grooved Brake Disks
DCCD Diff Control
Wide Body Model
Full Vortex Stainless Steel Exhaust De-CAT. Great sound
Cold Airflow Intake (standard Blow Off valve)
Triple Dials Turbo Temp, Turbo BAR and Fuel Mixture on dashboard

I am in two minds on what to do with the car. It has gone up so much since i bought it i wouldn't mind storing it if it is to continue to increase in price.

I've loved the car the whole time I have owned it, way better that a Mustang & M3 i have owned before it. But I want a new project and just purchased an Audi S5 4.2 V8 and i am looking forward on spending money on doing it up.

If you were me would you keep it for a year or two to make more money or sell it now?

Congrats on the s5, I heard there a lovely motor but ive never driven one.

On the sti IMO they have reached there peak and will hold for another year or two but theres another recession on the horizon, this recession wont be as bad as 2008 but will effect the classic car market but because the 2005 model is in between the everyday market and weekend fun car Its a tuff one to call but its a model most people want so thats a good thing, your biggest problem could be brexit as nobody knows how that is going to effect the market seen as your talking in sterling..

I really dont know which way to call it but either way at the moment in the south your car on english plate is worth no more than 10 grand euro as theree going for 10 to 13 down here.

All my opinion of course.

Best of luck what ever you do, any pics of her?

I would sell it now, I don't think a mass produced UK or Irish blob eye sti modifed or standard is ever going to be a appreciating classic, it would have to a s203, rar , spec c to be worth any real money in d future, I love d blob eye sti and had the last of d widetrack ones but sold it, if your being offered 12.5 k sell sell sell???? and buy something rarer

I would sell it now, I don't think a mass produced UK or Irish blob eye sti modifed or standard is ever going to be a appreciating classic, it would have to a s203, rar , spec c to be worth any real money in d future, I love d blob eye sti and had the last of d widetrack ones but sold it, if your being offered 12.5 k sell sell sell???? and buy something rarer

Fully agree, anything eben close to 12k sterling id give the wife with it!!

Being honest, in my own opinion i would keep it. looks a beauty.. i reckon that wether you would profit or not is no issue, as long as you dont make a loss.
If it were me, id keep it for another while and if i notice prices dropping, sell it to get your money back.
From reading your comments you seem reluctant to part with it lol
what harm in keeping it for another year or two?

Really depends on how much your actually getting.... If your getting 12k sterling let it go!!!! We all know how quick car value can drop. Its never going to be a collectors item like an s204 or a 22b. 12,000k in sterling is big bucks.... grab it and run!

Back