Legacy b4 not starting

Davidk92

Sunday Drivers
I'm starting to make some progress with my legacy project car. Trying to get the engine started now after it was taken out for some work on it. It's turning over but not firing at all.
Firstly fuel was the issue but that's sorted now. The fuel lines were on the wrong way round.
Now it's still not firing. I removed one of the ignition coils and spark plug to see if there was a spark to no avail so I removed another coil to see if it was just one coil that was faulty but still no spark.
All the plugs are new and to the best of my knowledge all the ignition coils wiring is correct.
Anyone have anything else I can try? Is there a relay or a fuse for the ignition system that might be gone and I can check before I fork out for 4 new ignition coils?

on most cars with key on you should have permanent 12v supply and ground to each coil and then a pulsed ground from ecu to energize coils. check with a multimeter or scope if you have one.

12v supply should be fused so check that

any fault codes?

cam and crank sensors/wiring ok?

What exactly was work being carried out.

Re trace steps as such

Work carried out included new turbo inlet pipe 2 turbos 4 new spark plugs. All the wiring loom was all checked before it went back onto the engine and recovered with heatproof wire wrap.

on most cars with key on you should have permanent 12v supply and ground to each coil and then a pulsed ground from ecu to energize coils. check with a multimeter or scope if you have one.

12v supply should be fused so check that

any fault codes?

cam and crank sensors/wiring ok?

I'm going to check the plugs going onto the ignition coils tonight and see if there's any power going to it.
Haven't got a code reader so I can't check for any codes.
Cam and crank sensor and wiring seem fine.

All checked and all working fine. Would faulty earth wires or earth worse disconnected cause it not to give a spark?

Got it firing tonight. Turned out it was an earth wire off the engine harness wasn't making contact with the manifold. Cheers for the help guys!

Back