Spare Key issue

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Alright lads

Spare key for car dosent work

it turns on then dies and red key icon come up any idea what it it presume it's a imobliser issue?

Main key no problem.

Any ideas..

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is the key genuine or do u have it cut?

Did happen to me in alot of cars in the job when the key looses the code usually when the car has dead battery.

On some cars if u leave the key in it with ignition on for half hour or so it restores it not sure in this case never came across subaru.

Autokey in newlands cross would code u the key no problem :smile:

Genuine key haven't used it in ages

Thanks lads mabay needs recoding alright

Is there a process to it on the subaru Gordon?

odd for an immobiliser chip to lose its signal . but as above dead /disconnected battrey a possibility , either of above solutions should sort it . and buy it a new battery as a present :icon_eyes:

Key hasn't been used in years no idea what the story is ill put battery in key see what happens after that I'll probably be calling you ross????

Thanks lads great help as always????????

Is it opening and closing car alright

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yup did that manually as test

Fob turns off alarm

Tried to open key before but screw rounded so can't open key I'll have another look tomoro

Thanks all

You should be able to see the outline of the square chip in the plastic beside the blade. As said its mounded in :thumbsup:. Your using the wrong screw driver to open it use a different 1 that sits in better :thumbsup:

Im using right screw driver Can't remove screw as someone previously tried a Philips on it

I'll have another look tomorrow

Cheers

Think I'll just get a aftermarket spare key in bits anyway rubber surround falling off ect

Im using right screw driver Can't remove screw as someone previously tried a Philips on it

I'll have another look tomorrow

Cheers

Think I'll just get a aftermarket spare key in bits anyway rubber surround falling off ect

Have my old key if u need one. Just change blade and chip or code it again. Not brand new but no use for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The head of my key screw is also destroyed but when you put a pressure with the driver came out no bother

Back