2007 1.5 impreza oil issues

nanoudge99

Hi everyone I picked up my first car in July hawkeye saloon impreza 1.5 with an el154 its currently at 100kkms and it seems to love drinking oil . I have found one tiny leak from the passenger side rocker cover but it is definitely not loosing enough from there to even put a dent in its oil composition. After around 100km the dipstick reads dry. I changed the Pcv and all the plugs and still lost oil going missing however there are no tale tale signs its burning all Pcv hoses with go straight to the intake manifold have oil present any tale tale signs of what could be wrong no horrendous amount of smoke or anything from exhaust small bit at high rims is all any advice or is it just that scooby s are thirsty for every liquid in em? Cheers

Welcome :)

Nice meeting ya last night, I think your running the wrong oil, I used 10/40 in my 1.5 and oil was never a problem

Lovely car btw, get some pics up.

Welcome along

There will be someone along that can help shortly

Had a leaking rockercover gaskets myself recently wasn't loosing much oil just unpleasant strong smell as burning on hot pipe

Yours sounds worse though.

Hope it's a quick fix.

You bring it to anyone to get looked at you in dublin out near Zigster?

Member Ciaran Larkin from larkin automotive is in finglas full setup and knows his subarus might be worth a call

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

no no he is in the other end of town haha no where near me :p I think he is running the wrong oil.

What oil it running that it's using that much?

But anyway yea a service oil change always best practice when getting new car.

Use 10w50 myself

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cheers lads I'm going to get some thicker stuff ASAP not the first time it's been recommend so may as well give it a shot I do belive it's buying a tiny amount constantly maybe the 10w40 is what it needs

Do you do much motorway driving?

To loose from hi to low mark on dipstick in 100km is about 500-600ml on that type sump from memory. Thats huge amount if correct.

Past rings most likely by sound of it.

Would advise booking in to get a leak down test done.

Do you do much motorway driving?

To loose from hi to low mark on dipstick in 100km is about 500-600ml on that type sump from memory. Thats huge amount if correct.

Past rings most likely by sound of it.

Would advise booking in to get a leak down test done.

Sorry that was a typo xD 1000km is what it was meant to be it isn't that bad ????????

if that's over 1000 kms a change of oil grade and an engine flush could sort it for ya

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Cheers lads did a flush today and refilled with 10w40. After months of driving it is finally smoke free at high revs early to say but all is looking a lot better thank you all for the help!!! :D

Welcome along hopefully it's sorted :thumbsup:

@ zigster was it really you giving the advice or your other half :icon_grin: either way fair play :thumbsup:

Subaru engines don't consume oil; the owners just scoop it out with their deepsticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back