speedo lights

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
So this has happened five times since I bought the car in April, seems random, could happen while parked or in motion, only managed to get a pic while herself was driving yesterday, sometimes only comes on and off for a second and other times stays that way u till you restart the car, any ideas? Before I go ripping out the speedo to see if wires are OK could it be something else interfering with it maybe?

Attachments

• 20161213_232319.jpg
    20161213_232319.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
Happened to me a long time back but bought new bulbs for every dial and needle and replaced them all. Work fine now.

Interesting, so one dodgy bulb can trip em all, might order new set so, wanted to change all dash lights to white LEDs anyway, not overly keen on the green lol
That will do so man, cheers ��

Possible. Has someone tapped into any wiring on driver side.

Will see loom plug on left above clutch pedal that goes to dash section

No we'll say that's the way it should be, but when taking out center console around the radio you can see the wires for the heater control panel have been fiddled with, Deffo not factory anyway, could be the same behind the speedo,,, something being shorted maybe...

Have a similar problem with bulbs in mine.
Bulb over the mileage clock went. Got a replacement, but didn't work. Got a working bulb from another part of the dash....that didn't work either.
Now a couple of more bulbs have gone. Rev counter left side is dark up to about 2k. Speedometer dark on bottom right but I imagine i won't be doing 180 anytime soon so i can live with that but the other side is a bit dark too.

It's a bit painful when you're trying to stay at 50 in a 50kmh zone because you can't really see the clock or the needle...!
I haven't had time to pull it out to look at it properly but I thought it was a bit odd for all those bulbs to start going together....

Yeah it's a nuisance really, black face dials don't help you can't read it at all when it happens!
I'll be gettin on it next week I'll keep ye posted

Well I checked all the wiring behind the dials and it looked OK? Then I re checked the ground wires under the bonnet, it hasn't happened since, but as stated, it only happened a handful of times so it hasn't really stood the test of time yet if you get me, being honest I had forgotten all about that lol

Back