Electrical issues in my 2004 Impreza WRX wagon

hassen27

ISDC Club Member
Hi all.

I am having a few issues with my car and was wondering if there was an auto electrician that could be recommended in Dublin to get this sorted. South side preferably.

Issues are:

1. Remote locking/unlocking stopped working randomly. I changed the battery in the key but no luck. I don't have a second key for the car.
2. Windows unable to go up/down on passenger front and rear passengers while using the controls there. I can move the windows from the drivers controls on the front passenger and rear right passenger sides. It was like that since I got the car.

I sadly don't have the time or know how to look into the above and would rather get it sorted at an electrician. I am hoping it's not something major to fix.

At a guess the Key is a simple fix and needs to be coded will pm you how to to it . Regarding the Windows it could be the switch but something simple

Or try Ciaran Larkin ???? Would be nearest to you and would sort it Larkin automotive :thumbsup:

Well if he gets stuck
Noel byrne is in walkinstown
Think colm knows him
In his post he says southside ciaran

Or try Ciaran Larkin ???? Would be nearest to you and would sort it Larkin automotive :thumbsup:

Many thanks for sorting out the key issue today and great to have a chat about cars. Hoping that Larkin Automotive can sort out the window issue and refresh the airconditioning system.

Update:

Brought car over on Friday morning to Larkin Automotive. Ciaran suspects it's the front and rear left side switches and a wiring issue for the car windows not working. Ordered second hand switches off Ebay and once I have them, I will bring the car back to Ciaran to hopefully sort it out.

Air conditioning was checked out and sorted. Now blows cool air and even smells much nicer than before. It required the machine to be hooked up to the car to get it working properly. The can from Halfords didn't do the trick. Very happy with the results even though we are in winter :)

Back