Upgraded shifter bushing advice

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
I got the whitline kit, both gearbox mounts and the shifter leaver bush. Mine were I perfect condition when removed so wasn't expecting a whole lot but it's a little stiffer/tighter!

I'd say if you changed the actual gearbox mount itself to a perrion mount it would be fairly tight/no movement.

Out of interest, what short shifter kit did you get as I am planning to get one? I was thinking of the GFB kit rather than the Cobb Tuning one.

If you're going to try ASperformance best bet is to phone him. Slow to reply with email etc bit old school I'd say but nice fella worth a call.

Short shift kits are a waste of time unless your fitting the proper linkage short shift kit the rest are just cheap shite :thumbsup:

Thanks lads really helpful

Serious info as normal

Hassen27 was a Cdf short shifter ruined shift imo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I had a short shifter in the DC5. Got so used to it I didn't like the standard throw when I took it back out. But even comparing the short shifter to the standard GC8 and a blob 6 speed, I found the Impreza throw much much nicer. Be interesting to feel one with it done. Is there a point when a throw is a bit too short?

Cdf was "ajustable" but in its "longest" throw felt way to short and unless rushed bit stuborn to select gear not bad attacking a road horrific about town/daily grind

Thanks for the information. I am just tempted with a short shifter as my one currently the throws are long and plus the gearknob is worn out requiring changing. Thought I might as well upgrade the whole thing with the GFB kit which looks quite well thought out.

What kinda dollars are they good ones like rcm kit 200 gbp ????

Nuts imo

Back