upgraded rear suspension for forester. what are my options?

chewypops

Sunday Drivers
So i fitted front and rear forester Turbo s suspension to my GC8 RX night nav car to give extra clearance (its badly needed) and much to my surprise the car still handles, well like a car.
On the road under normal conditions its very pleasant to drive , it handles bumpy back roads with ease.
even on the night nav it worked very well, Mcrea i am not. but even on full compression at 80mph all was very compliant.

after having a look over the car i have spotted the rear shocks are fit for the bin. i have no idea how old the set i put in was but they only lasted the night. i have priced a set of OE replacements. but im hoping some one would be able to point me in the direction of a more motorsport biased set.

its basically a forestry set up. i would like to go a bit harder in the rear. and maybe fit a bigger anti-roll bar.

any and all options welcome

I can't speak for turbo s but the sg5 forester comes with self leveling suspension. I'm currently fitting rid of it and putting kyb agx shocks absorbers with forester sti pink springs. All in the shocks come to approx 350 for flea bay but you can buy just the rears for about 150-175. Whether these will suit your gc8 someone may be able to point out. Hope some of this helped.

Back