2.0 Wrx or Sti running gear into a 1.6 hawkeye impreza

tomo

Petrolheads
I presume it's a lot of work but just want to know what else needs to be done apart from the engine, box, loom, diff? It's a 1.6 AWD hawkeye impreza. Probably not even worth thinking about.

Think the rear axel has to be changed as well.

Would work out cheaper buying New car after parts labour etc are worked out

You would be best with the turbo car complete

And then swap the lot over.

Yes can be done.

Yes a lot of time involved.

You would be best with the turbo car complete

And then swap the lot over.

Yes can be done.

Yes a lot of time involved.

Yeah, i was thinking about buying a bugeye wrx and swap the parts over, just wonder what needs to be swapped so i know how much work need to be put in. And if that would end up any cheaper then buying a 2005/2006 wrx.

What info are you looking for. . Everything needs to be swapped over including the front cross member as it different on the turbo cars with it would be cheaper to buy a car but if you had loads of time and space then it can be done just lots of work really most other parts are just bolt on :thumbsup:

As above.

You need a full turbo car.

And swap every thing over.

No more info really

Last edited:
What info are you looking for. . Everything needs to be swapped over including the front cross member as it different on the turbo cars with it would be cheaper to buy a car but if you had loads of time and space then it can be done just lots of work really most other parts are just bolt on :thumbsup:

So everything underneath plus engine loom and ecu. Would the rest of loom, fuel tank be same?

Have upgraded suspension, brakes and exhaust already so it looks like i need engine, gearbox and everything underneath, engine loom, ecu. Just not sure about the steering, fuel tank and the rest of loom. Id say a wrx conversion would be easier and much cheaper.

Not worth the hassle plus if you had a tip you'd be up sh1t Creek unless you had an engineers report on everything!

Back