more problems

BlackScooby

Petrolheads
hey all, i am 2 days away from gettin my subaru on da road, i have it 8 months now and it was very rough wen i bought it i have done lots of work to it, but there is just one little problem left and she is perfect, i took her out for a short spin today and it starts to miss high in da revs, approx 5 or 6 thousand rpm. its perfect up to round there, its a 94 wrx gc8 any help would be great thanks... dave

Yea i had the same prob as you with my last sti and it was the coil pack would run grand but when you gave it some stick it would miss, like hitting a brick wall.

i had the same problem two weeks ago and niall in the 22b had the same on the track the other day was down to fuel surge.

fill the tank up and see if the problem occurs again. :dunno:

:worship: :subaru:

ya your dead right it just like it shuts down, i got a quote of 480 euros cost price for 4 new packs what you think??

Do you know anyone who you could do a swap, one at a time to eliminate the bad one. :dunno:
Might not be the prob but worth a try.

no unfortunatly not there isn't as many scoobys that i know off :( i was gonna change all 4 for new ones once i get some funds behind me.. will do it sooner than later though!! :pray:

Get a diagnostics done.
Sounds like a knock sensor. Same symptoms as my car and just got diagnosed as a faulty knock sensor.

i no very little about this but im running on e5 with booster,
but id to fill up 3 quarters with esso and a bootle of booster yesterday.
when i was leaving abbyleix i passed out a car and just floored it in 5th,
and got the hitting a brick wall effect. just the once.
is it fuel cutting or something??

Yes its fuel cut. The ecu protecting the car.
Could be any number of things but most likely a faulty sensor so best get diagnostics done at your local Subaru garage.
Cost about 60 euro but will save you time and money tryin to sort it otherwise.

its grand again on the e5, i better get big jerrycan.
would it be blackscoobys prob too if he was mapped for a diff petrol?

dohcturbo sounds like your knock sensor doesn't like s*it fuel, as the higher the octane fuel generally the less knock occurs.
Therefore running E5 is helping you. I take it your not mapped yet?
Getting mapped should sort your problem.

yep mapped last week for e5 and booster.
i wont be using any crap petrol again.
there was a nice smell of burning.
i was hoping it was coming from murray555 in front of me :nana:

hey lads only on line da odd time,i am drivin da car now all the time, i got a diagnosis done a few months ago and the idle valve was da only prob they could find with it.. would that cause it to react like it is at high revs???

Back