Dashboard swap

GC4

Sunday Drivers
Hello. Are the pre facelift and facelift dashboards swapable, or are the mounting points any different?
Thanks.

Yes. Have a 95 one here and he has a dash from a 99 that he wants put in he also has 99 engine and loom as the 95 engine was sick beyond fixing. This is all non turbo and got the donor stuff from a crashed facelift.

Both are 4 door. Just been looking into it a bit more. He would buy a 2.0na cheaper. As the 95 is 1.6 so it needs fuel tank and rear end sorted to accept the 4wd. The lights are different. So it's going to be everyting from one car put into another. Labour alone would cost more than a decent facelift already on the road.
I think i will try convince him against it,

As above there 3/4 days work involved in that If you know what your doing . Could be a steep learning curve. But sure if you have the time and space it could be done :thumbsup:

Ye suspose was guessing him and his mate so 2 lads 2 days to strip it and 2 days to put it in If your handy with the spanners . But Ye Could easily end up closer to 6/7 days or more to get it running and everything :thumbsup:

Yep, easily 6 days on me lonesome. The only thing that is putting me of is the wiring end things. The only reason i even entertained the idea initially was cos he's a good customer and i get a good bit of work through him. Anyway i am convinced now it is a pointless exercise, just to convince him now. He will sell of the old parts handy enough i'd imagine.

Ah thought it was a home project or something way too much involved for what it's worth then :thumbsup:

Yeah, and all the teething problems that follow. Has me thinking about a swap of some sort into my own, its a 1.6 coupe with all the 4wd gear. a 2.2 or 2.5 sounds tempting.

Back