boost gauge

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
im gonna have this wall covered with questions lol
not sure on how they hooked up, so just wondering, ive seen lads with a single boost gauge in a twin turbo, is it possible to have a separate one for each turbo? be a good indicator to know how each one is acting :D

Not possible, as they both blow together after 4.5k rpm. Before 4.5k rpm you are just seeing primary turbo.

That's exactly why I was wondering tho lol like if I had two gauges only, and the first gauge was only active at primary stage and after 4.5k rpm both gauges would be active, so you could see what the first turbo is doing at both stages and how the second turbo is acting also, would compressor line show this?

I'm not sure what size turbos those are, but if you connect to the actuator you wont see negative boost (vacuum) just boost. If it is two separate intercoolers then you will see pressure building up but it will read a little higher than manifold pressure because you measuring before the cooler. So it might look like you boosting more than you are.

But take into consideration for example if you have one intercooler then even with two turbos they are still pressurizing the same system so the boost gauges would actually read more or less the same.

So you get what Im saying. If it was two turbos->each with their own cooler-> each pressurizing a different inlet manifold then you could easily get a separate reading.

If its two turbos->each with their own coolers but then the same inlet manifold then the readings are going to be very close because you both turbos are building boost in the same intake inlet. So even if you connect by the actuator you still building boost in the same system.

oh right yeah i get you. yea that clears things up a bit so, hardly worth the time n effort in that case lol i thought it would be a handy lil way to keep an eye on both turbos.
cheers man

Back