FMIC question

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
How's things lads, a lad nearby has a front mount from a GC8, any of you know if it'll fit the legacy? It's 2001..

bolt on most likely not - with some welding and bending, I dont see reason why not

Ah I was kinda optimistic for a bolt on alri I suppose, impreza to impreza would be a bit more realistic I'd imagine, could ya do the bending with a few 90 degree joiners or something? Or would it be a garage job?

I dont have the skill to do that sorry man. The engine itself should be the same or very similar layout. There might be some bits and pieces in the way though. Biggest problem I can imagine is, that even if you fit the intercooler, the piping will not fit.

Also, taking into consideration. From what I know, subaru dont really need FMIC until 400+hp, are you planning to do some other modifications to justify it, or is it just because you like it?

Its a lot of work tbh and unless you run serious mods, I couldnt justify the cost of it. Also you will probably experience more turbolag because of longer piping and for proper running of engine a remap might be required.

Saying this, it doesnt mean I wanna put you off from that job, just that it prolly wont be as easy as it might seem

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sorry man I didn't mean you directly lol just generally speaking ???? so, I wouldn't mind the look of it, even if there was no increase in power, as long as it didn't drain power uno? And I don't think I'd be getting close to those kinda horses. Just couple of subtle mods, if it would work with no negative effect I wouldn't mind it un

Just found this on uk legacy

here are a few issues with front mounts on the twins that make it less of an obvious upgrade...

1. The twins... you'll need a custom fabricated pipe to link the charge air from both turbos

2. Room... very little room for pipework and intercooler

3. Not exactly an upgrade... the standard top mount is more than capable of handling the twins even when modified (remember you are limited to approx 350bhp if you keep the twins) any benefit from fitting the front mount is lost in the length of the pipework...

To me a front mount is only worth while if you are going single.

So that answers that lol
Might just go STI TMIC ????????

Ah, I didnt even consider it was twin turbo:D

no exp with legacies, but I believe that you should focus more on some subtle mods with significant gains - like exhaust, fuel pump, injectors and then remap - thats way more bang for way less bucks and you get some ponies:)

Neither did I being honest lol got all excited when I heard it was only a few mins back the road lol ???? yea I should have a cat back in the next few weeks, and thinking about some sort of decent induction kit blitz or something, also getting ssqv and fuel pump was also on the to do's...

Don't think I'll go mad powerful on it, just a bit more poke,,, could also be saying that when it's all done, lol for now I think tmic in that case, well see about fmic down the line lol

Cheers guys, lemme know if ya hear of a top mount anywhere
????

Sorry to hijack the thread but if you dont take the front mount, can you find out some details on it for me? Cheers

That's no bother man, well it's in west limerick, he has the intercooler and all piping but no joiners, used but looks as new apparently, I didn't even get a look at it man being honest, but he's looking for €180, I can send you his number if he'd allow me, I can get onto him tomorrow?

Back