CV Boot Torn NCT

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
Hey all. Just ran the car through its first NCT. Failed on CV Boot torn on the offside front inner. That an easy part to change out. Afterwards i could see some green sludge type liquid leaking out. So needs to be changed.

The other thing was no e mark on the tyres as car came from Japan. He was nice fella and was like can you borrow wheels for the retest. Any tips? Or anyone get a spare set lying around to run it through. Such a shame as they are brand new toyo tryes. a shame not to use them.

Cheers.

2006 BP5 Legacy 2.0GT

Thanks for that. Is it ok to drive the car for a few days. I won't have a chance to get it fixed as i need it for work. Can anyone suggest something about the tyres? they are brand new and i would hate to have to buy new ones especially when he said to try borrow a set if you can. He even said it would be a waste.

CV boot is a straight forward job. If it's not knocking or clicking it'll be grand for a few days. You could drive it on for a year if you didn't care about the joint. :icon_lol:

Should find someone here to swap a set of wheels for NCT.

No noise coming from it so must have just happened. I'll bring the car down to my mechanic on monday to get sorted. Maybe he might have a set of wheels for the NCT.

Unfortunately Ciaran does not have a set lying around. What fitment are the legacy wheels? Does anyone have a spare set in the santry/dublin area i could possibly borrow next week?

Thanks

I've a set there
Leaking air but just require air every day or two
Put them on for the day be fine [emoji106]

Hey picked up the wheels from colm. Thanks so much for that. But apparently the wheel muts i have only go on one full turn. My mechanic said need slimmer tuner nuts. Anyone have a spare old set lying about that i could lend? Thing is nct is booked for wednesday at 7pm? Thanks.

Once again guys Colm came to the rescue. He has been so great going out of his way to help me out. Nice to have people like this about. NCT tonight. So hopefully all good for another year.

Well i have the NCT Disc and all sorted now. Once again thanks to Colm and Joey who also helped me get the wheel nuts to suit.

Back