Rx8 Advice

Ciaran WRX

ISDC Club Member
Hi Lads looking for a bit of advice

having a issue starting a Rx8 that's been parked up for bout 8 months put the booster on it and it's turning over but not firing

Also put the jump leads on it from my car no joy

Going to get a battery tomorrow hopefully that sorts it..

Is there anything else I need to do when starting it for the first time in a while? As I know nothing bout the wankles????

Also the Lamda was giving trouble previously leading to the car cutting out and was removed and cleaned not replaced back then is it a big job or known issue with the Rx8? Or just a matter of fitting new Lamda...

Any Advice greatly appreciated

Cheers in advance[emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If you were turning it over for a bit, it could have flooded. They're surprisingly easy to flood and don't like being left sat up either. They like getting a good kick from a strong battery and firing away. Check the plugs, get a nice battery, check for spark, drop of fresh petrol in her and she should go if no issues before being left sat up.

If it has flooded, leave it connected to another running car while de-flooding with a new battery.

have you fuel and spark?
is it flooded? check see if plugs are wet
I'll check that shouldn't be was driving fine till parked and owner knows the quirks to the engine

Has fuel alright was really dead as no lights till booster on it hopefully new battery and she's fire

Could Lamda cause non starting?

Lambda wouldn't but have seen cases of cats shitting themselves and blocking exhaust and preventing startup. They're emissions exempt and should be decat from landing IMO.

Lambda wouldn't but have seen cases of cats shitting themselves and blocking exhaust and preventing startup. They're emissions exempt and should be decat from landing IMO.
Absolutely John cat out????

Nuts the Wankle so Durty they don't bother with Emmisions tests ????????????

16mpg average makes impreza seem like a Deizel too

just to note, if its a 2004 model, they are notorious for weak starters, mazda ugraded it in 2005. and they are really easy to flood, cant think of the codes now, but check what model starter you have, and compare it to the 2005 number, im sure uncle google will tell you lol :icon_grin:

It's flooded
even if you go to take a cd out and start the engine you need to leaving running
there a ball ache happened a mate years ago
You need to de flood
google it you'll see

mate had his in a garage took hours maybe full day to get started eventually only charged him 4 hours at a cost of 340 euro
didn't know about the procedure
only went out to take his cd out of the changer but needs to be started for this and didnt let it run long enough and would start
its one of those things with them

Yup can't turn em on then off again one of the many idiosyncrasies

Wonder why there not sold any more????????

When these cars do work, they are amazing though. I've been in a 400 BHP RX7 and that was amazing.

Back