Emissions

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
How's things lads, more help lol any ideas what could be causing high CO readings on both low and high idle? ever seen any car over on both lol :Imprezaimage: don't wanna go throwing money at exhausts and such if it ain't the problem uno..

Failed on headlamp focus aswell but have got that sorted today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
And when you say leak... Lol presuming you don't mean a blow in the exhaust? And yea was thinking cat, wasn't long till I found out there's three of em lol

Yep could be a leak/blow in exhaust. Not to throw it off that much but could be small one somewhere that's making main issue worse.

Yea I get you,, be worth bringing it to get it checked? Straight away I was looking for new systems, I'll get that looked at and keep yous posted, cheers lad

if it was a leak after the o2 sensor your lambda reading would usually be 1+
.99 is as good a reading as you will get (minutely rich).
if no leaks in exhaust, your mixture is good so would indicate cat imho.

Cool cheers seanie, so if it is a leak it's prob before the sensor is it? According to lambda reading... I'll get leaks checked anyway just in case, if not I suppose it's new cat then lol

You think? She still has standard exhaust anyway for now lol
Might get a spot of weld and get her plugged in to see if that sensor is faulty, presume diagnostics would show it?

Plug a obd2 Bluetooth dongle in and pair to phone using torque app will tell you also
can be bought on adverts.ie for 15 euro or so
handy to have

Cool cool, gonna bring it up to my mechanic tomorrow anyway and see what he can do about it, think I'll get on of those obd2 dongles too, seen ppl on about em alright.. Cheers for responses lads

so after 5/6 failed diagnostics attempts, finally got one to connect to the car, and after looking through the sensors to see what their reading, the Intake Air Temperature sensor was reading -40 degrees, so presuming that could be the cause to throw the mixture off,

I took off the MAF, again lol, and noticed this time that the IAT sensor isnt there at all?

I checked online a bit, and im kinda getting a bit confused now as to if its actually meant to be there as some posts im finding are stating that the car dont have one, and others are saying it should be there, any thoughts lads?
picures of new MAF sensors on different sites all state that the picture is for illustrative purposes only so thats no help either :p

not sure what model car you have but for some reason i think the air temp sensor on my version 5 is separate from maf and just stuck into the intake pipe before air filter on front drivers of car, i may be wrong

jesus wrote a reply and tis gone lol

ive a 2001 twin turbo legacy, i thought that myself but there's no signs anywhere that it was a separate part, no spaces/blanks etc..
pictures ive found online 'for my car' show two different types, one that seems to be a separate plug, and another thats part of the MAF sensor, little silver pin coming from it,
not being able to find a port for a separate plug led me to think it was on the MAF, but its not there, it does look like there is a place for it there but i dono if the MAF was made generic for a few different models and the IAT sensor was added to some for the models that have it on the MAF.
the fact that it read -40 degrees then got me thinking that if it was part of the MAF and it is missing, that -40 is maybe the minimal value it can read, and its stuck at that, or default reading or something.

I thought in newer models the IAT is built in to the MAF like Imprezas? If it is and it's gone, you'll need a new MAF.

That was my thinking, was kinda hoping leggy owners could verify this ???? but I'm almost certain it should be there, might see if I can get a look at a used one just to see if it is there

Keep you posted again lol

Actually, would an impreza MAF cross over? Or would it have to b specific for my car?

Back