cheapest way to gain power

swerv555

Petrolheads
have a 00 classic scooby ,just want more power quickly and possibly cheaply ...... its probably been asked a zillion times before but i aint got time to browse :(

No cheap way of getting power mate.... :thumbsup:
But with a full de-cat,and a panel filter,fuel pump,and re-map...280-300bhp should be no prob... :thumbsup:

In order to answer that one you'd need to give us an idea of your budget then I'm sure you'll get a million replies!

Frawls

Think any mod you do on your car will require a remap.
Putting a decat down pipe will see you about 40bhp i think but will require a remap.
Ask Renno or Dave legacy on the forum as they both have tuning companys :thumbsup:

well swerv ,cheapest way to gain power ? buy an STI ..... :lol:

cheapest way to make it faster is too dump your interior and save weight..no cheap solution to decent power..never is

[quote author=WetPatch link=topic=5399.msg60878#msg60878 date=1202498614]
A bed sheet and a plank of wood?
[/quote]

lol... I won't ask

As the lad said!
Sell your 2000 wrx and get yourself a 98 sti!
Then downpipe,panel filter,fuel pump and remap makes about 330bhp :headbanger: about €1100-1300 :dunno:
Any one confirm a price?
Dan

Then downpipe,panel filter,fuel pump and remap makes about 330bhp about €1100-1300

Dan have you been purchasing parts with a shot gun in your hand ;)

I say €2,000 aprox or more

Niall.

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=5399.msg60992#msg60992 date=1202563979]
why not just whack up the boost :dunno: 2 bar :subaru: :subaru: :subaru:

:thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yea and say good bye to your engine!! :D

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=5399.msg60992#msg60992 date=1202563979]

[/quote][quote author=maximusbiggus®™ link=topic=5399.msg61001#msg61001 date=1202575554]

[/quote]

Yea and say good bye to your engine!! :D
[/quote]

Then you can get a rebuild and do the same thing again :whistle: :D

@ Niall
:oops: :oops:
I don't usually ask how much something costs when I really want it! Because if it sounds to expensive I wont get it , then I'll be an unhappy camper!
So I just get a vague idea of roughly how much it costs then order the bits and worry about it later!
Why put something off today when you can put it off tomorrow! :thumbsup:
eg. I asked Davelegacy about converting my gearbox to a DCCD one but keeping my 4th 5th and 6th gear ratios! (14% longer than imprezas) and after about 15minutes of describing what was involved,I decided against! only just though!
If dave had said "ah sure it will be grand" the forester would have been in next week!
Dan

Fitting a downpipe alone doesn't require a remap but if you're looking for anything over 260 bhp then you will have to get a remap so you might as well get the fully exhaust system and panel filter. For 280+ on your classic turbo you will need to change your turbo for something the same size but more efficient (TD 04H) or something bigger (td 05 16g, 18g or 20g) and map it for e5 (or e5 plus Octane booster for a bit more bhp & torque).

A far as your original question goes the above options are going to cost you at least 3k fitted and mapped so you might consider the following package which wont break the bank :thumbsup:

1. Fit a K&N Panel filter
2. Fit a Dawes device
3. Fit a second hand full exhaust system
4. Run her on Maxol E5

The above 4 simple and cheap mods should give you a quick car running 1.1 bar reliably with about 250 bhp :)

Frawls

Agree with Frawls, but when you get a scooby it comes with the territory, NOTHING IS CHEAP...! unless you purchase with a shot gun lol...

What garage takes trade ins of shotguns against scoobies???
Dan :D

Back