HID for NCT

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
How's things lads, just looking at buying a set of 8000k HIDs for the legacy, does anyone know will these pass nct, they are HID as standard but does it have to be the standard 5000k bulbs (I think) for the test?
Presumably wouldn't be an issue but won't hurt to ask ????

Does she have headlamp levelers?

Headlight washers?

And was it ornigal equipment on the car?

if the answer is yes then the strictest Nct nerd will be happy.

Hope that helps

On the 5000 to 8000 k question think not 100% but once not blue but white hid better

Blue looks sh*t anyway imo

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Had 6000k HID Bulbs in my jap Bugeye STI factory units just with bulbs up graded and passed no problem in the Limerick test centre, that was last year, all depends on the tester from what i can see, as most older jap imports with factory Hid Lights wont have headlight washers from the factory so shouldn't be an issue. Factory Hid Colour is 4,300K as far as i know.

Oh 8000k is very blue then? Maybe 6000k so, as I was under the impression they were 5000k standard so for a noticeable difference I said 8000k, if it's 4300k then 6000k would be noticeably different too, just want them that bit whiter than standard really..
She don't have washers but it does have levelling and they come from the factory with HID,
Which leads to another question, would I need the ballasts for 6000k, or just the bulb, and could those also be levelled?
I'd probably be getting it done in abbeyfeale, they usually fair enough IMO..

Cheers for the responses lads

If you have a factory fitted kit the bulbs should be changeable or you can get a chinese kit and once the ballast is hidden they won't know it's not a factory set anymore. And don't go over 6000K, it's too blue.

That's absolutely perfect, 6000k HIDs coming from Red Power in Dublin, cheers for the help lads

For the best light from a hid you would be best off going with 4,300k. It has the white look and the best distance. The higher the Kelvin the less distance you have done the road.

Ah never knew that... Bit late now tho I've the 6000k here beside waiting to be fitted lol
Haven't logged into this since

No after market hid kit passes the Nct as they are not factory standard.

6000k is what I have in mine but I remove for Nct.

They will burn the inside of your lights over time and cause shading normally found on the outside.... But on inside!! All the polish in the world won't sort them!!

If you run them please get your lights adjusted properly to normal spec, then change back to halogen normal bulbs for Nct.

Fantastic light from 6000k compared to "tea light candle power standard Subaru lights"!!!!

Remove for Nct though... Takes 5 mins to do.

I stress though.... Get your headlights focused professionally!!!! Either way.

Back