Swap Bugeye WRX engine into TypeR

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
Hi Lads .......hope you are all keeping well , looking forward to catching up at the Track day . I have been offered a rebuilt WRX engine from a bugeye impreza - All up rated parts etc . Engine work was done just over 6mths ago and car has being running fine since . My question how hard would it be to fit a newer bugeye engine into a TypeR and what other parts ( little bits ) i would need.
For me the budget is my main constraint and im just wondering how hard or how expensive it would be . Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated ..........NIall.

Hi Lads .......hope you are all keeping well , looking forward to catching up at the Track day . I have been offered a rebuilt WRX engine from a bugeye impreza - All up rated parts etc . Engine work was done just over 6mths ago and car has being running fine since . My question how hard would it be to fit a newer bugeye engine into a TypeR and what other parts ( little bits ) i would need.
For me the budget is my main constraint and im just wondering how hard or how expensive it would be . Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated ..........NIall.
That's a good question, presumably the base engine would be the same layout but don't know enough about Scooby engines to give any useful answers to this question so I would be interested to know myself

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not up with what's involved in a swap as I'v never done one but I Think it's only a few small things that differant . Coil pack wiring and a few sensor wires and that's it . Once it's not jap wrx engine from 02 on as I think they had Avcs . I'm sure someone with more experience will know better :thumbsup:

Thanks Lads ........i've been saving for a while now for an engine rebuild and this came along but i was afraid that even though the engine was at a good price , the cost to swap it over might not be ..

Would be an sti with a wrx engine though niall .

Be like sticking the inards of a disposable camera into a Canon body :icon_grin:

Well this will be engine number 3 but i have done over 70,000 miles on the last engine . So can't complain . As for penalty points..............TBH im bored with them now , I have loads here . If you like i can send you some !! Just msg me your Licence number and I'll post them to you

Back