Oil leak

Zigster

send my car for a full service friday after all the recent replacements.

didn't really drive it until yesterday heard a misfire...today it was even worse opened it up when I came home and I have oil splashing out in the back of my engine and underneath.

and its misfireing badly.

garage is closed today just want to know where I stand I clearly want them to fix their **** up. didnt have a single mechanical issue like this before the service.

That's not good what work was done .oil filter plugs . Gear box oil . ??

sounds like rear crank seal from the position

That's not good what work was done .oil filter plugs . Gear box oil . ??

sounds like rear crank seal from the position

just an oil change was done, crank seal would make sense. in that case its not really their fault, but i dont understand why they didnt see it and went ahead and changed the oil...

I have dealt with them loads and we use them for both cars normally great work

Rear crank usually shows at the Join between gear box and enging at the bottom not at the back of the engine in engine bay

See here

98d9cca7bf5d67eba0cd18c3e392286b.jpg
ba65cc6c75986269d4ba95cd16d63cfa.jpg
c9beabffa4217c7bc4b464a8e5259b31.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Seems to be the sump gasket follow it up to the higest point as that the front crank seal area

Seems to be the sump gasket follow it up to the higest point as that the front crank seal area

oil leak found, just seems it need to be cleaned.

good thing I am marrying a mechanic look what she just pulled out...looks like I will work from home tomorrow

Check they haven't cross threaded the filter. If they have, it won't be seated properly and could be spraying oil everywhere.

Check they haven't cross threaded the filter. If they have, it won't be seated properly and could be spraying oil everywhere.

ok she also just told me the oil is old oil from when my crank seal was replaced i just never washed it, just ad me panicking with the misfire, ill work from home tomorrow and order in new plugs and ignition leads and wash the engine bay.

New leads needed anyway if they broke off that easy . It could be the cause of the misfire :icon_grin::thumbsup:

New leads needed anyway if they broke off that easy . It could be the cause of the misfire :icon_grin::thumbsup:

haha I would say it is the cause, good to have my own little private mechanic. will replace them and take it from there, wash the engine and see if there is any oil after

Ok so your not allowed to look at Suspension or in the Engine bay from now on ????

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back