water meth injection

midlandbe5

Octane Boostaholics
ISDC Club Member
Is any body running this or thinking of running it?
it seems like a good idea but is it worth the hassle
I had the car ticking over to get up to temp the other day and noticed the intake manifold was roasting with heat radiating from the block, I couldn't leave my hand on it, so that's where this thought of water meth came from.

That not normal Dave esp in this weather think the boxer motors just produce loads of heat...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I understand that ken, I'm more wondering if anyone is using it or has used it. Baz mentioned it to me at the agm but dunno if he went with it
Its supposed to help with det which is what the limiting factor was on my car AFAIK

Last edited:
As far as I know meth keeps the temps in the cylinder lower good for the engine it's everything after that like turbo and all sensors that gets very hot not good for turbo or lambda

Jp ran it on his old Ra

There a thread on it somewhere of him fitting it and how it ran.

Alot of hassle for an everyday car imo

But it is beneficial

Which one have you got?
What car is it on, What pros and cons would you say it has?

Car is subaru. Not many cons. Id say the only thing people would say is the fulling up of the bottle. But if you get a standard size bottle it does last a while. Remember it only comes on at about 0.6bar and up. So normal driving with a little boost it wont come on. What you can do is use the windscreen bottle. Nice idea with subaru as engine bay space is limited. Ive never had one fail on me. Ever. Advantages are huge. You inject the spray just after the intercooler. Drill the bottom of the intercooler outlet and fit jet there. This will first cool the charge air coming out the intercooler. In addition, the cooler intake temperatures allow you to run more aggressive timing and boost. Good idea to do a volume based 50/50 mix. But you can just run water which as you know has massive heat absorbing properties. So all that heat build up on the valves and piston heads is absorbed by the water. Ive used it a lot because I come from South africa. In SA we get 28-32 degree weather which turbo cars dont like that much. So by running water injection helps me to run high boost. Or just simply protect the engine from heat build up when you giving it a lot.

Back