dash lights on while driving

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
alright lads I was out in the legacy awhile ago and some of the dash lights came on, anyone got any idea what the story is:dontknow:
checked all the usual things under the bonnet hoses,fuses and reset the ecu...started it up ten minutes ago and there still on:ponder2:

I just put the black plugs under the dash together to see if it would give me a fault code and the check engine light just started flashing on and off, it didnt give me any code:ponder2::ponder:

did you check voltage at battery while running? should be in around 14V to eliminate alternator

alright lads I tested the battery and alternator earlier and the alternator is only putting out 12 volts while the engine is running and drops even more when I turn on the lights and the ac....also checked all the wires and points coming too and from the battery and alternator and they all look fine to me....so gonna get it reconned during the week....
cheers for all the replies:icon_pray:

would the car being parked up for so long have an effect on the alternator? as above theres just over 10k on it but its a reconditioned one...

would the car being parked up for so long have an effect on the alternator? as above theres just over 10k on it but its a reconditioned one...

brushes maybe sticking, hit alternator a few taps of a hammer then run it and see if the voltage is what it should be

hard to see how it would go bad after 10 months. But depends what was changed they might have just done what was needed at the time . Should be an easy fix :thumbsup:

Ten thousand miles not ten months ya mad thing,just checked me book and it was fitted in April '09...

brushes maybe sticking, hit alternator a few taps of a hammer then run it and see if the voltage is what it should be

Few taps of the hammer Ted, be grand.

v15ZQ2x.jpg

Back