BE5 Legacy B4, no CEL but getting code

ZA_B4

Sunday Drivers
Hi guys picked up an interesting situation yesterday, didn't get a CEL, but engine missed a bit but after tooting around a bit it went away, also noticed temp gauge went a bit higher than usual but then that went away but i am still getting a code P0031 front O2 heater a/f ratio sensor this perplexed me a bit because had no CEL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Is the cel light coming on when you turn the key
Hi Kieth, to be honest haven't really checked, but will do, pretty sure it does (at least i hope it does) ????

Ok update: checked for CEL when starting the car and it does come on and then goes off when doing pre-checks so all seems fine regarding that

Last edited:
The code is for your front 02 sensor
needs a new one I'd say
Makes sense, had a drive to Bray today and under normal driving conditions had no issues but with accelerating to over take it kept jerking almost like it was being starved of something and then went away when driving normally

Can anyone help out i need to find a new front O2 sensor for my 2002 legacy, a price would be awesome as well

€199.50

€249.50 fitted incl ecu learned reset and check.
???? Holy @#$%#@ really? Is that including vat? Wow didn't expect it to be that much Dave, but thanks all the same, not looking forward to that conversation... wish me luck ????
I thought they were just plug n play, whip the bad one off, put the new one in, plug it all up, clear the codes and "bobs yer uncle" you're done.
Also Dave can you quote me on minor service parts aswell please, things like fluids, and any filters needed millage is 179K kms

I'll get back to you if the missus has allowed me to live and has agreed to let me keep all of my dangly's, and go ahead with the repair

Last edited:
Back