What brake pads?

paul_gt4

Sunday Drivers
Currently using Carbone Lorraine RC6 pads atm on my bug STi, I'm looking peoples opinions as to replacing them as they're due replacing soon. I don't mind noise. I like a strong pad with good stopping power but I'm looking for something that doesn't cake the wheels like the CL pads do.

Opinions...

Also I hear if you seal the wheels well, the caking doesn't happen is this true.

Used CLs (Rc5+)myself great pad but very noisy and ended up eating a set of disks.
Also just annoyed me as light pressure on pedal just slowing felt horrible but when slapped on really good at stopping car.Tons of dust too.

Ebc yellows good when up to temp but if not hot don't work properly which can give u a scare.also loads of dust but not as noisey

As above

Ferido Ds2500 are the best I've tyred imo.

Serious stopping power very little dust and don't squeak or grind and nice and progressive cold or hot.

Expensive but worth it.

Sealing the wheel defo helps.
I just give em a rub down with Maguires quick detailer that helps and don't let dust sit on em for long periods and ull be grand.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Has this conversation with marko on Saturday, and we both said that Ferido Ds2500 were best bet. Them CL pads absolutely cake wheels and eat disks. Let me know if youre getting them, I cooked my pads on the charity run and theyre not feeling too great since.....defo need to replace

I have tarox in the car at the moment took out the cl pads great stopping power with them they are a but harsh on normal driving.
Tarox ones seem good but I need to get a set of ds2500 great all round pad but as someone said not cheap, one of the lads on here for a set from Poland very cheap maybe a group buy ????

Ferodo DS2500 would get my vote as well.

Super pads for the money

Would the group buy be only for Subaru's ? Be interested to see the price of them for DC5's if that's available for the group buy

I changed the back pads on the type r for ds2500 and felt no different from the standard ones.
The front Yea as most of the braking is from the front.

Yup Keith right very little point in rears 70/30 braking I think

Ds2500 in front of mine mintex in rear

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sound lads.
my front are great as I only upgrade them but my rear are on the way out.
the car came with spare mintex so I may use them as well

Last edited:
If we are going for a group buy can we get prices and names ASAP as I'll be buying pretty soon. Thanks for the advice from everyone wasn't expecting that many replies.

I have the feroda pads on the RS and find them really good, great daily performqnce pad.
Today I put in cl6 pads for the trackday on friday, initial bite is brilliant, a far superior pad when warmed up.
The down side is the squeel and dust on the wheels.(track use only)

Back