Engine light on in WRX

C

colmp2008

hi folks
As it says yesterday driving home from work the engine light came on. now the car is never driven hard.now everytime the car is driving the light comes on.not always permenantly on.its jus got a service recently aswell.has anyone got any ideas for me?

cheers lads

Im having a similar problem with my car.
Could be any number of things.
First try the petrol cap, make sure is screwed shut properly till it clicks. This is a common cause of the light coming on.
Failing this, it could be a sensor causing the problem. Do you have any problems like hesitation under acceleration or unsteady idle?
The Maf sensor or o2 sensor could be at fault.
Best thing to do is book it into Subaru for a diagnostics check. Mine is in on friday so hopefully ill find problem then. :thumbsup:

yeah,all of these.and every now and again it will jump. my main concern would be is it ok to drive it for a few days?[quote author=Matt link=topic=5336.msg60032#msg60032 date=1202243735]
Im having a similar problem with my car.
Could be any number of things.
First try the petrol cap, make sure is screwed shut properly till it clicks. This is a common cause of the light coming on.
Failing this, it could be a sensor causing the problem. Do you have any problems like hesitation under acceleration or unsteady idle?
The Maf sensor or o2 sensor could be at fault.
Best thing to do is book it into Subaru for a diagnostics check. Mine is in on friday so hopefully ill find problem then. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

[quote author=Matt link=topic=5336.msg60032#msg60032 date=1202243735]
[/quote]

the CEL can come on if the petrol cap isnt screwed in properly? I didnt know that.

yeah,all of these.and every now and again it will jump. my main concern would be is it ok to drive it for a few days?
Sounds like a sensor is gone , ya drive her nice and easy till you
get it sorted.

Niall.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=5336.msg60093#msg60093 date=1202276034]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=5336.msg60032#msg60032 date=1202243735]
[/quote]

the CEL can come on if the petrol cap isnt screwed in properly? I didnt know that.
[/quote]

Yeah found it out on a few forums while searching for answers to my cel problem.

cheers for the help lads.have it booked in for diagnostics

If the cap is left open the evap sensor will set a cel, never had it happen just read about it on other site's

Do you have an air filter on the car? Mine used to come on after I put an after market filter on her.....

Got my diagnostics done today.
Turns out my knock sensor needs replacing.

i had a 1.6 bug eye impreza and knock senser was the problem aswell

Back