Few ICE questions about legacy

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
So just browsing throught the auction sites to see whats on offer at the moment. Came across 2 different setups, ICE wise on the New shape leagcys.

Does antone know what the differences are between the 2?

9710544dy8.jpg

Whats under neath the cover in the centre of the dash between the 2 airvents?

andthisnn2.jpg

Anyone know which system is better and what is the screen in the second pic used for? If satnav will this work in Ireland. I have a satnav system in my Altezza which is in Jap and would have cost 4 grand to convert so i bought a TOM TOM instead!

i have the bottom system in my 05, the top system is from 06 models i think, when cover is there usually just pocket behind. the macintosh system sounds fine (amp , sub and about 10 speakers standard in new shape b4).bit of fun trying to get the band extender for the ariel connection(odd fitament ariel connection).i cheated a bit and sourced an aux in add on from a japanese site and im running a second head unit through the main unit fitted where the screen is in the bottom pic.

would love to see a decent new shape B4 up close! Did you buy yours from Southside Automotive? went to see one today and the guy didn't even have the keys off it!(were getting new ones cut tomorrow!) and there were these stupid looking aerials on the rear window! Where is the sub in these? On the rear parcel shelf?

yea i bought off southside, if you buy there check for the little things like wheelbrace and locking nut key as they were missing from mine and are very hard to replace.the sub in mine is on the parcel shelf.

think yours is the factory sat nav system, not sure if that can be changed to be useful over here. Mine has an aftermarket panasonic sat nav system. still cant get it working so i might take it out and fill the gap with a single Din Defi gauge display. Maybe drop into a Subaru dealer, maybe they have an update disc that will get yours working

mate of mine bought a legacy of that southside bunch of gangsters.....
had nothing but problems in the first 6 weeks(gearbox,turbo,both driveshafts,wiring problems)and they just keep pawning him off.they told him to bring it to a local garage in drogheda for repair.....8 weeks later he got the car back even worse than before and when he rang southside they said that they werent payin the guy in drogheda for the work.....
NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM IMO....... :angry: :angry: :angry:

Back