M10 bung to m8

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
Looking for some help finding a bung type m10 to m8
Because my car has no air-con I'm looking to fit the aftermarket knock sensor in the m10 hole there the air con went as its in a perfect place right over the front left piston
The knock sensor has a hole in it but the m10 bolt won't fit through so I need an adapter to go from 10 to 8 that will leave the sensor flush with the block.
Anyone any idea where I would find such a thing,I'll post a pic of what I think I'm after.
Thanks in advance
Keith
auray_ad_combo_b_5_8_to_3_8_1083040.jpg

Attachments

• auray_ad_combo_b_5_8_to_3_8_1083040.jpg
    auray_ad_combo_b_5_8_to_3_8_1083040.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 113
hmm, i was told the best place for it it as close to the factory knock sensor location, there should be a bolt back there somewhere you can use

It's only because the air-con blocks the way
I have none so it's a perfect spot
The hole your talking about Dan is a good bit back on the block

None of them are damaged I just need to go from m10 to m8 because the hole in the sensor is m8
But the sensor needs to fit flush with the block

It's only because the air-con blocks the way
I have none so it's a perfect spot
The hole your talking about Dan is a good bit back on the block

Yep thats where the factory knock sensor is. Its at the back of the intake manifold, probably need to remove the intercooler to get at it

Yea the factory one is a good bit forward
This m10 hole is perfect and so easy to get at its bang on over the piston so would give a great reading on any knock.

Ask an engineering shop to turn you a m10/m8 stud.. Screw the m10 into block and you have the m8 side sticking out, fit the knock sensor with a nut then.

Just in case anyone has similar issues or thread damage issues in the future you should consider these, wurth do them here, I have used them and they are amazing! Better than the original thread that was there!!! Easy to use in most cases and can be changed if need be but won't run back with bolt..... Seemingly a lot of Motorsport co's are using them in their engines and running gear to stop damage and save on repair times when doing regular component replacements etc is gear boxs, engine mounts etc..... And also one can be entered into another to reduce...

http://www.timesert.com/html/mtrcsert.html
Think the link is to the USA company but it's just for the reference...

have

we have a large selection of these kits .. they are a great job .. they are very handy for fitting to brembo calipers that have the bolts wrung or threads pulled ...

Back