smell of clutch and poor break pedal

scoobyjoe

hey guys

I have a 00 forester n\a and just before xmas put a clutch in it... I noticed other day that when I engaged 1st gear and released clutch pedal it took maybe 3 seconds for clutch to engage and car start to move...there was a smell of clutch afterwards...now yesterday same thing happened but I noticed I had a bad brake pedal as well.... I took to a garage today and he doesn't know....

anyone have an idea...

Did the pedal come up straight away or was it slow and came up the same time it engaged the clutch 3secinds it so

clutch part sorted...I disengaged the hill start as that wasnt releasing...

I bled the brakes as one minute the pedal would be near the floor before it starts to stop and next minute is fair sharp... but still the same... there no leak in system either

Brake pedals don't go soft without a leak . Have the calipers being removed recently

Does one pump of pedal get brakes back if so could be a bearing issue, had it in my last impreza bearing was nearly shot but wasn't making noise, first pump of the brake just straighten wheel but didn't slow me second press of pedal would slow me nearly gave me a heart attack first time it happened I pressed brakes and nothing happened

Back