Purchasing an impreza

pete

Petrolheads
Hi all, new to the site and on the hunt for a new rig (the first subaru of many hopefully).I have one in mind, its a 99 type r ver4 (i think).
Have you guys got any advice as I dont know much about the scoobys yet :) :) What do I look for ??
Thanks for any help,
Pete

Best bet is have a look through the introductions and Technical Q&A sections here. Has been asked here god knows how many times and it has been explained in detail.

Mapping for our fuel is the main issue really, from reading other threads you'll find out why.

Happy shopping and good choice...

As above, have a look through previous threads & you should find all you're looking for.

Also 99 type r should be version 5 or 6.
Version 4's were all from 97/98

The higher the version the better, made tweaks to each car cosmetically & engine wise.

thanks, looking through all the forums,

Can't wait to get one to play with on sundays :dance:

Brian, think its a ver 4 but 99 reg

Just had a look at that link Brian, looks like you could be right, It says the ver 5 got a new colour option grey which the car is. The owner reckons its a ver 4, did they come in grey ?

Version 4 stopped production in March 1998. So its a late version 5 or early version 6. You cant go wrong with the type R. Nice first Impreza.

They have different bumpers. Ver 4 has 3 holes each side of the fog light cover Ver 5 has 2 if that makes sense :p

[quote author=pete link=topic=5316.msg59695#msg59695 date=1202140754]
Just had a look at that link Brian, looks like you could be right, It says the ver 5 got a new colour option grey which the car is. The owner reckons its a ver 4, did they come in grey ?
[/quote]

It must be a version 5 or 6. Mine is a version 5. The grey only came out in version 5. Great choice of colour by the way.
They look amazing under the sun

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=5316.msg59704#msg59704 date=1202144729]
Version 4 stopped production in March 1998. So its a late version 5 or early version 6. You cant go wrong with the type R. Nice first Impreza.
[/quote]

Was August 98

v5 from September 98 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=5316.msg59780#msg59780 date=1202159292]
You coud always Buy my typeRA
[/quote]

Yeah have to say eric's Type RA is a beauty. Check out the for sale section

ericsti
That is a sweet subaru, but mad fo the 2dr ;)

Matt
Just got to love that grey colour !! I had a grey civic before and loved the grey, looks like a real ''hard as nails colour'' :p

I do like the 2door's my self! But an RA would be easier to live with, Longer 5th gear being the main thing for me! Better mpg for cruising
A type R will be pulling 3800rpm at 120kph :doh:
Other wise they are mechaniclly the same!
Plus you know you are buying a reliable car off someone who looked after it properly (that's so very important with scoobies and type R's especially)
Best of luck whatever you do!
Dan

The grey is sweet and i love the 2 dr myself but practically a 4 door would be better and as Dan says, 3800RPM cruising on motorway eats the juice and is quite noisy. And my exhaust is a HKS Silent Hi Power which would be louder than standard exhaust but quieter than most aftermarket exhausts.
If you have the radio on and turn off the motorway and slow down, your gettin blasted by the radio which shows how loud the car was when doin 120.
On the plus side, your right on boost in 5th doin 120. Perfect for passing somebody out quickly and safely. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Matt link=topic=5316.msg60039#msg60039 date=1202244962]
On the plus side, your right on boost in 5th doin 120. Perfect for passing somebody out quickly and safely. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

On a track or the Autobahn obviously...........

:D

[quote author=nodge link=topic=5316.msg60062#msg60062 date=1202249761]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=5316.msg60039#msg60039 date=1202244962]
[/quote]

On a track or the Autobahn obviously...........

:D
[/quote]

Oh yes, but of course

Back