help needed

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
right lads i went to start my 92 legacy yesterday morning and it wouldnt start,it was trying to start but it just wouldnt kick in...after a few tries the battery started to go dead as in dash lights and interior lights getting dim etc... took the battery out this morning coz the car was totally dead no lights or anything...got the battery checked out and it was fooked so got a new one...fitted the new one and everything electrical is working fine but the engine wont kick in...its trying to kick but its like its out of petrol....could the problem be with my fuel pump??? any help much appreciated :thumbsup:

sounds like there could be a loose connection in the battery leads :dunno: :dunno: but thats just a pure guess the same happened to me and thats what it turned out to be

When you turn the key and the reds come on can you hear the fuel pump kicking in you might have to get in the back and put your head on the seat and get a friend to turn the key.
Sounds like a pump to me and all the starting just made a fooked bat even fookered :thumbsup:

If the engine is spinning but not firing then not battery!
I dont know if this works on impreza's but, If when the engines spinning and you put your foot the floor on the gas and if the noise changes then she's getting petrol!
So that just leaves spark! disconect all relavent leads and plug back in and you might just get lucky!
I'm a carpenter by trade so this is just my opinion! the majority of times a car breaks down is just something loose or something stupid like that!
Best of luck mate!
Dan

cheers lads a mate of mine is having a look at it today so fingers crossed... thanks for the replies karma sent to all :thumbsup:

got the car sorted earlier today :dance: a mate had a look at it and it wasnt the fuel pump...he took out the battery and checked the wiring etc..when he put the battery back in she started straight away :dance: still havent a clue what went wrong :wall: cheers for all the advice lads :thumbsup: :subaru:

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=5312.msg59829#msg59829 date=1202169026]
I'm a carpenter by trade so this is just my opinion! the majority of times a car breaks down is just something loose or something stupid like that!
Best of luck mate!
Dan
[/quote]

Hopefully she'll stay good for you!
Dan

Glad its all sorted for you mate, nothing better than finding out its only a small prob like that! :D

Back