dohcturbo

Octane Boostaholics
well lads, im new to this form so take it easy on me.
iv a white 99 sti type r for nearly two years now, and falling in love with it more and more after every mod (especially after this weekends mod, but thats another story) .
iv a few minor mods to it

p1 splitter and carbon badge,
detango'd with piaa bulbs,
18in inovite stIVs (think thats the name),
scoobyclinic stickers, but i was told thet dont look nice, so il have to change them for street performace ones, so i was told ;)

hks blowoff valve,
rcm induction kit,
blitz plugs,
walbro fuel pump,
downpipe and jasma exhaust,

exedy organic clutch,
carbing front and rear struts,
ohlin coilovers,
boost gauge,
pioneer stereo,

and a spare tdo5-20g turbo and samco pipe in the boot (a lot of good it is there)
and a spare competition rear diff,

thats it i think,
oh wait its not,
and have a simtek ecu with anti-lag and launch control and boost control and 1 fuel map.
this was only fitted saturday and im loving it and would recomend it to eveyone....
cheers.

Welcome to the club. Sounds like a great car you have there. Get some pics up.

Welcome along man! :thumbsup:
When you say "a spare tdo5 20g in the boot" does that mean you are running a 20g on your 2 litre engine???
How's that going for you??
Dan

cheers lads glad to be here.
i was ment to be running it before i got mapped, but it didnt get fitted in time,
so il have to wait. i wasnt happy about it at the time, but to be honest im kinda glad.
just cos i wanna see the difference between the standard turbo and the 20g.
itl kinda be more rewarding when i do it, if u understand.
but even with the power i have now itl take a bit of geting used to, sure as braking as i found out today.
i really like your forester, seen it at japfest. well impressed.
any chance you were on the belfast-dublin motorway
on saturday, seen one pass me out.

Welcome along. Your car sounds sweet.
Probably was Forester sti(Dan) on the M1 motorway on saturday as the lads were all at a rolling road day up north.

Yeah that was me :dance: just on the way back from Rollers, 386bhp and 408lb/ft :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I beeped and waved :thumbsup:
I'm ruuning a 20g as well, but on a 2.5 so lag isn't an issue but on the ej20 she might be a bit of a handfull!
It might be a good idea to ask some of the tuners on the site STI Tuning or Street Performance their opinions on a possible swap for an 18g or something!
Or even an e-mail to Andy forrest who sells those turbos to make sure you get what you are looking for! :thumbsup:
There is a member Rob (scoobyke) who was rooling roaded at 366bhp with a 16g! ( very responsive)
Come along to the AMG next weekend!
Dan

Back