Bloody Insurance!!

D

derekryan81

Just wondering if any of you can help. I have been on the look out for an impreza but am having serious problems with regard to insurance. Does anybody declare that their car is turbo charged to the insurance company? What are the legal implications of this? If this is not the case what companies will insure a male 25 year old with 5 yrs no claims and full licence for 4. I rang one company who told me that no insurance company will insure me on this type of car and that I haven't a hope until I'm 36!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Just out of intrest what insurance company told you that.

Try ARB in Rathfarnham , ST Pauls and Quinn Direct.

http://www.123.ie/motor/quote_xs.htm

However, unless you need immediate cover, I would wait a bit. My policy is up for renewal this month and 123 sent me a renewal letter for nearly twice the 990 euros i paid last year.

Anyways, the Managing Director of XSDirect rang me after I gave them some feedback on the quote they gave me. I had been speaking to Niall Barry(ISDC) about the group insurance thing they tried to get up and running in the past the day beforehand, so I mentioned it to the MD of XSDirect and he expressed an interest in at least talking to Niall.

So it might be worth waiting to see how it develops...

Anton.

Im with XS direct, 28yr 1 yrs no claim, €1400, not bad when in 2003 i paid 4100 for an A4 and 2004 pd 2100 for same car, my record may stand against me.. :oops: :p

Morgan

ARB wil insure you if your willing to pay :shock: :shock:
AT 23 i was insured on a WRX but don't even ask how
much ..................crazy money :whistle: :whistle:

Niall.

It was axa insurance or maybe eagle star. One of the big companies anway.

Im 26 with 4 years NCB and ARB would not quote me.

Also, Doesnt 123.ie  and XSDirect have a 4000EURO excess on the policy. Meaning if you crash YOU pay the first 4000EURO for repairs? In which case a car is written off anyway....so really you have no insurance?

The only people that would cover me was Quinn Direct and that was only after pleading with them after I had already bought the car.

Niall, how did ya get on with XSDirect and the group insurance thing? did anything come of that number i gave you?

I'm with one direct :

4yrs NCB
7yrs Full licence

Paying 2800 yoyo's

i am with... "A plan" paying £570 fully comp on a sti type r all mods declared age 30 with 4 years ncb.

try A plan and ask for claire they halfed mine from rip of norwich union!!!

[quote author=scoobygerry link=topic=603.msg6529#msg6529 date=1163682880]
i am with... "A plan" paying £570 fully comp on a sti type r all mods declared age 30 with 4 years ncb.

[/quote]

You got a number for them mate

i have a gripe with insurance companies.  i'm 23 and get laughed at every time i call an insurance company asking to get quoted.  the only way i can get insured is by insuring an opel corsa on open driving and luckely having a dad who is nice enough to let me put him down as the primary driver of the STI. i had a skyline before my impreza and as a named driver i was paying the guts of €4000.  luckely i've been fortunate to have had a good civil servant job(not a Guard) since i was 17 as this is the only way i can afford this. i'm not a boy racer and i take VERY VERY good care of my cars. i can understand why young people are insured out of it when i see my pier age group doing stupid things on public roads in beat up sierra's (no offence to sierra drivers) and i can understand that young people CAN do some reckless things on the road but not all of us. i know there's no solution really. insurance companies want to make money and fools like me pay them huge amounts because i have to. anyway this was just a bit of a rant and i hope i don't ruffle any feathers.

paul
oh and i'm sorry for hijacking this thread

€2700, Fuul Comp, Full NCB but a Drink Driving convition in 2002, disqualified for 2yrs, licence back after 18mts, 31yr, on a Sti 2002.

[quote author=john2709 link=topic=603.msg6532#msg6532 date=1163683841]
[quote author=scoobygerry link=topic=603.msg6529#msg6529 date=1163682880]

[/quote]here you mate http://www.aplan.co.uk/

You got a number for them mate
[/quote]

Back