No spark after engine swap.

shane_318is

Hey guys this is the story.

My cousin has a 1998 2.0 wrx uk type impreza.
The head gasket went in it so we took out the engine.
We then replaced the engine with a uk forester engine .
The engine turns over but no spark.

So we tried...

Crank sensors
Cam sensors
Changed the pick up pulley on the crank.
Changed cam pulleys
Coil packs
Went through the loom ...No broken wires.
Took out the aftermarket immobiliser.

And still no spark any help would be grateful.

Over beside the drivers front shock under the boost solinde is the igniter for the coil packs Steel box with a gray connection. Very hard to see :thumbsup: might be it

Also check the injector plug over beside the cam sensor as they look very much like each other and can be mixed up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Also check the injector plug over beside the cam sensor as they look very much like each other and can be mixed up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You sir are a genius and ill buy you a pint some day changed the plugs around bam first turn of the key... This has been going on for 6 months and been to a lot of mechanics.

You sir are a genius and ill buy you a pint some day changed the plugs around bam first turn of the key... This has been going on for 6 months and been to a lot of mechanics.

That's funny, it's an easy mistake to make tbh.. Did the same one myself when was swapping my own engine..
But 6 months? I saw the CEL instantly and read it from blink codes.. then wrote up on this forum and Dave knew straight away what it was... got it resolved same day.

Last edited:
That's funny, it's easy mistake to make.. Did the same myself when was swapping my own engine..
But 6 months? I saw the CEL instantly and read it from blink codes.. then wrote on this forum and Dave knew straight away what it was... got it resolved same day.

Speaking of cel ... its on constant ... I checked the blink codes and it's 32 and 33 if you could shine a light on it I can't find a chart.

32 is oxygen sensor
33 is speed sensor as far as I can remember could be the other way round

Back